$2k crewcab....

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a smoking deal. No wonder I bought my truck from Oregon.

I still can't believe you went all the way over here to buy a Laughlin crummy, I used to work around some of those thing's, talk about not caring for your employers property! It might have some race experience though, if it has been in the crummy race LOL

And when I lived in McMinnville ~10 years ago I would always see that thing driving around. Was really clean had nice wheel's and tire's on it, looked really good. I guess time has not treated it real well.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He sounds like a kid with more time than money. Note how he wants to trade before spring break is over.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of Crummy's; loggers are ******* stuff.
This one doesn't look like it though....there's still paint under the doors and it has at least 1 straight body panel.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of Crummy's; loggers are ******* stuff.
This one doesn't look like it though....there's still paint under the doors and it has at least 1 straight body panel.
Cf. the "getaway" scene from the movie Fire in the Sky (bonus points if you spot the CC-related continuity goof).

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ He's probably not picking up a lot of girls in an '86 CCLB IDI......

I'd contest that only the best are picked up by bullnose fords. I picked up mine many years ago with an 83 RCSB F150 with a 460 and a C6. To this day, the only truck I actually regret having to sell.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I still can't believe you went all the way over here to buy a Laughlin crummy, I used to work around some of those thing's, talk about not caring for your employers property! It might have some race experience though, if it has been in the crummy race LOL

And when I lived in McMinnville ~10 years ago I would always see that thing driving around. Was really clean had nice wheel's and tire's on it, looked really good. I guess time has not treated it real well.

That's so funny to hear. I just recently learned what a crummy is,on the arboristsite.LOL How did that term come about? I bought it sight unseen off of autotrader.com, something I would not recommend doing now that I did it.cookoo I wish I had the backing of oilburners when I was looking, it would have saved me headaches and thousands of dollars, literally.

I say it all the time, my truck must have been the pride of the fleet when new. I couldn't afford the add ons my truck has let alone the price tag new. It was the owner's personal truck, he put the turbo on in 1992, a year after he bought it. It was owner driven for 10 years and put out to the fleet in 2001 for a 5 year run. I am sure it took a beating over those 5 years:eek: I bought it in 2008. It was simply the only turboed crew cab long bed 4x4 srw 5 speed truck I could find. I did not want to get a truck and then have to tear it apart to make it what I want.

Ford must have put together a good one, the body is still solid, the doors shut nice, can't really complain about the body. The left rear of the bed took a hit and got cracked up, making the tailgate hinge area less than perfect. Being rust free is the truck's saving grace.:angel: It still has the original carpet in decent shape, it had an inch of silt covering it....preserving it.LOL

It's cool to hear some history on my truck, someone from across the country remembering it going down the road. It's my unmistakable here in Jersey. Not many of these on the road at all, definitely not clad in reflective street sign yellow.:D;Sweet

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I don't think I could run or drive away fast enough from one of those yellow/white/mud brown/diesel, oil, grease, black colored pickup's. I grew up around my dad's, lesson learned early in life haha. Did you get the pro tech headache rack/ toolbox and slip tank with it?
I've seen some of their pickup's (maybe your's lol) with a bowman skycar in the back of it!!!

Edit: You easterner's may not know what a bowman is...:dunno http://www.vannattabros.com/11-4/carriages1.pdf Page six give's weight's. Not sure what model it was but you can get the idea :eek: They were cruising through Willamina like it was no big deal...no joke.

Last edited:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Yes, mile came with the Protech rack, box and a aluminum diamond plate covered transfer tank. It also came with the Lund visor, Deezee running boards, and the other diamond plate coverings. I took the tank out but still have it. It also came with Firestone air bags out back, put 80psi in them and it will carry 5,000lb without squatting.:eek:;Really It may have been my truck you saw.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the edit above, she was squatting lol
Pretty cool that at least one of the old girl's is still running :D

I have no idea where the term crummy come's from, but it's not really meant as a bad thing, at least here. They are crew buses, storage shed's, work shop's and a way home. They get used hard, beat up and lot's of character added LOL

Last edited:

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy needs to spend a few hours cruising around on Oregon's logging roads to truly appreciate what these trucks have lived through. They tend to shake a truck apart...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Since LAughlin had 6 of those , hes lucky he got the cream puff. I got the good one that Luoto/ Cross and crown had, it was well caredd for except for the bed bottom it was straight.
And Goose, that silt is also in the heater and dash if you ever get that far. This is how I cleaned it.