2017 Texas IDI Meet

Where should the Texas IDI Meet take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better late than never! I was planning on hosting a spring IDI meet but a new job put me on the road chasing rigs with a service truck and I had no spare time, now that that has changed lets start making plans for a meetup!

So a few options:
1. We meet at one of the major cities that we vote on
2. We meet at a state park or RV park where people can stay the night in tents or campers
3. We additionally can either meet for one day and enjoy the company and participate in local attractions that are close by or we can stay for the weekend and travel to further places. This may make it easier for those travelling further but more complicated

I'm making a poll with the same cities as the spring thread but adding the options of different length meetups, you will be able to vote for multiple options so vote for whatever works for you or for all of them if you are indifferent!

As before with previous meets I will be bringing a timing meter to time anyone's truck and if anyone needs any parts or services, post up what you need and myself and everyone else will do what we can to help you out! If anyone needs a ride or wants to convoy post as well and we can plan it out!

If anyone needs some help or has some questions you are welcome to pm me or ask me over the phone at 8303286548.

:cheers:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This would be the best chance for me to make it to a rally. The others are way too far away for me. If I could make it, I'd prefer a state park. I'd also want it to be a weekend event to make it worthwhile.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to diesel, 94 F250 7.3L IDI Turbo. Would like to meet for upgrade help.

Rick
Forney, TX just of Dallas.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to diesel, 94 F250 7.3L IDI Turbo. Would like to meet for upgrade help.

Rick
Forney, TX just of Dallas.
Welcome to the forum Rick! We'd be happy to help you out with some upgrades with your truck or if you need some info before then you're welcome to pm me and I can help you out!

@IDIBRONCO that's the reasoning I started these meet ups in the first place, as much as I'd love to go to the main rallies it is real tough with work and family.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What time of the year are y'all interested in meeting up? I'm actually building a house right now and have to be moved in before November so im pretty busy around that time so I was thinking maybe in late November? It will at least be cool by then but it's fairly late in the year, what do y'all have in mind? Also for those interested in staying at a state park do y'all have any recommendations for specific parks you would like to stay at?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well, I'm a nonTexan, so I don't really know the parks too well. I'd LOVE to see Big Bend some day, but that's also a long drive for me. It's 12 hours for me to drive to San Antonio. The farther north, the better for me, but the farther north, the colder it will be. I'm glad that you did start these. I've wanted to go since you announced the first one. There's still no guarantee that I can make this one. I'll just have to play it by ear.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you dont have to be a Texan or even own an IDI to come out and enjoy the company! On a side note I really like Inks lake State park outside Austin: http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/inks-lake But I think it would be more enjoyable when its warmer out since its a big water attraction so maybe a good option if we meet early in the year

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late November works, great for camping to with the cooler evenings.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with a lake even if it's not warm enough to swim. I like camping by a lake, river, or even a stream.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Here's another question. By "late November" are we talking Thanksgiving weekend? The 4 day weekend would be what I need anyway. I'm figureing one day to get there, another to get back, and 2 at the Rally.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I was thinking the weekend after thanksgiving, that way y'all can still be with family but still possibly use the holiday time later in the week to make it to the meet up ;Sweet

How would that work for y'all?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's what I was hoping for. Maybe with a couple of days there, I could look into a fishing license too. Unless we're not by a lake or something like that.

srmathers

Reaction score
Hi All!
I live in Granbury, TX and looking for some expertise on the IDI in my area (DFW). Anyone got suggestions on good diesel shop/mechanic that can work on these and know what they are doing? Would like your advice on this. I have used Kurt at Kurt's Diesel shop in Burleson...replaced my IP, glow plugs, GP Controller, brake job, installed new Bilsteins.
I am also new to diesel, but have researched this site quite a bit and am so impressed with all your knowledge and willingness to help! I have a F-350 1994 Crew Cab 4x2, IDI Turbo with ~250K. Having it repainted now (white with grey stripe like original). Will post pictures soon when I get it completed. Will need help with several areas like: transmission ..should I have it rebuilt or get a remanufactured?(seems to slip when shifting), have the timing checked and tuned, check the a/c and blower motor (the 3 speeds don not seem to change much on the blower...should I replace?or ?, and have some of you guide me on how to make this a reliable over the road truck. Looking forward to meeting you all at the rally once we decide on date and location. Thanks for you help and look forward to meeting all of you! Best Regards,
Steve Mathers. 214-621-2185. (Call or PM me anytime)

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I live in Granbury, TX and looking for some expertise on the IDI in my area (DFW). Anyone got suggestions on good diesel shop/mechanic that can work on these and know what they are doing? Would like your advice on this. I have used Kurt at Kurt's Diesel shop in Burleson...replaced my IP, glow plugs, GP Controller, brake job, installed new Bilsteins.
I am also new to diesel, but have researched this site quite a bit and am so impressed with all your knowledge and willingness to help! I have a F-350 1994 Crew Cab 4x2, IDI Turbo with ~250K. Having it repainted now (white with grey stripe like original). Will post pictures soon when I get it completed. Will need help with several areas like: transmission ..should I have it rebuilt or get a remanufactured?(seems to slip when shifting), have the timing checked and tuned, check the a/c and blower motor (the 3 speeds don not seem to change much on the blower...should I replace?or ?, and have some of you guide me on how to make this a reliable over the road truck. Looking forward to meeting you all at the rally once we decide on date and location. Thanks for you help and look forward to meeting all of you! Best Regards,
Steve Mathers. 214-621-2185. (Call or PM me anytime)

Welcome to the forum Steve! Unfortunately I do not know of any good or bad shops in that area but if you have good experience with that shop I would continue to use them. As far as pump timing and tuning you might look into our timing registry to see if someone is near you, I think I remember there being someone in the area. Otherwise I would be happy to time and tune the pump for you at the rally! Let's see some pics