2009 IDI Rally Campground

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the trip to Cave City was a bit disappointing. The Jelly Stone Campground can only hold the sites for 10 days, and they require full payment before 1/1/09 (right around Christmas). NOT GOOD. That would mean everyone had to make reservations NOW and pay in full soon!cookoo Also, Cave City is basically a tourist trap with little "attractions" but not really anything else. It is a bit of a drive to Bowling Green (where most of the actvities will be), and 8 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart/groceries.

We then made the trip back to Bowling Green and gave the KOA another look. I'm glad we did! I sat down with the owner (Dan Goad) and spelled out what I needed for the group and when I needed it and so on........he said sure, whatever you need. YES!!! FINALLY!!;Sweet

Now the final campground information for the 2009 IDI Rally:
Where: Bowling Green, Ky KOA
When: Thursday 7/2/09 through Monday 7/6/09. You can stay as long as you want.
Group Name:"Ford IDI Group" You can talk with anyone to make a reservation, but if they are having problems, just ask for Dan Goad (owner).
Sites:We have 25 sites booked THROUGH MAY 1ST 2009. They are A46 through A61 (all 30 amp full hook-up) $38/night.......and L202 through L211 (all 50 amp full hook-up) $41/night. 10% discount with KOA Kard. These are all close together and away from the office.:D See map on website.
Other Options:Tent sites are close to RV sites (A12-A29) and are $29/night. Kamping Kabins are $69/night for one room and $81/night for two room. Lodges are $125/night and have a restroom/shower. There are only two and we have reserved one of them for Missy and I. As above, 10% discount with KOA Kard.
Day Guests:will have to give up $5/day or $8 to stay with someone over night.

You have to cancel two week before if you want your refund.

OK, so finally it is all sorted out. We had to weigh the bad and good of all the potential campsites and this is certainly our best option.

Please call and start reserving your sites, I hope we fill up and need more sites than the 25 above. If any questions, feel free email, PM or call us(see the BOOB contact list).

Heath and Missy

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Sounds good.

KOA's are normally pretty nice and since they are a national chain they have an image to uphold so typically things aren't in disrepair. I don't think I have ever stayed at a KOA that I regreted.

Plus I can use my KOA Kamping Kard and save a little change.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Don't worry my man we got you covered... We ought to convoy down together. I'm pretty sure it will be Scott (snicklas) and myself traveling together and if we plan it right I'm sure we can hook up with Darrin, Ron, Barney, Joe, and Chris... so if we all plan out trips out right the midwestern crew will arrive in style - now who has the Chartreuse Micro Bus????

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
How do yo guys plan to travel????Down 65, or like a crazed country rebel barrelin down some back highways????? If you all do go down 65, i can meet ya either right before the KY border, or Right after the KY border.

bigrigdom

Reaction score
well now that the midwestern crew has thier entry planned who out here on the west coast wants to convoy with me and show these guys what a rust free idi looks like in person;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well now that the midwestern crew has thier entry planned who out here on the west coast wants to convoy with me and show these guys what a rust free idi looks like in person;Sweet

Icanfixall, towcat, and you other westerners get together and covoy East.:D Can't wait to meet you in person. You'd certainly be the first to come from that far west to an IDI rally and it'd be really cool to have you. Maybe you and Mike McGlothlin from Diesel Power can convoy together as he may be covering the event for the mag.;Sweet

Heath

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
I'd love to see a east vs west shoot out of some sorts. Drag race, road course of sometype. (I'll run it with manual steering and brakes) and a pull? Just a thought fellas.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score

I've seen a rust free idi many times. MINE. And it'll never rust because of the vast amount of fluids I've leaked and blown all over the undercarriage. Oh, and I have no frozen bolts or nuts because I exercise them regularly. That's how it got it's name.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'd love to make it, I can't be sure that I can, but I can say I appreciate you and your wife dealing with the aggravation to make sure it will be there for me to enjoy if I can.
JD

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Well I'd love to make it, I can't be sure that I can, but I can say I appreciate you and your wife dealing with the aggravation to make sure it will be there for me to enjoy if I can.
JD

I just hope we don't have to drag you there! :rotflmao

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Agne clan is signed up and in site A-48!;Sweet We're not far from them in the Lodge on the corner.

Who's next?

Heath

jw2644

Reaction score
Might be a four day drive but would like to attend and see some rust free IDI's for myself. When was the last time you boys(& girls) had a Canadian truck from the west at one of your rallies?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Heath, Thanks for all of your efforts, the Campground looks great. Lori and I are deciding what dates will work for us, once we do well put our reservations in, Probablly after the Holiday.

I have a feeling that the 25 spots will fill up quickly. If so it will be the biggest IDI Rally ever!;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin