2005 600 cummins upgrades??

TNMOPAR

Reaction score
I have a 2005 /2500 cummins 600,6 spd.and was thinking about a Bully Dog Power Pup,AFE w/ downpipe,5" exhaust...but this is my first diesel and don't know what combo is best...also what is bombing??? Did I tell you I was new to this?...Any help is appreciated.

Hohn

Reaction score
TNMOPAR said:
I have a 2005 /2500 cummins 600,6 spd.and was thinking about a Bully Dog Power Pup,AFE w/ downpipe,5" exhaust...but this is my first diesel and don't know what combo is best...also what is bombing??? Did I tell you I was new to this?...Any help is appreciated.

If you have the NV5600 6-speed, then you are in luck.

For power, you want the TST PowerMaxCR. KEEP THE POWER LEVELS TURNED DOWN. THIS IS A POTENT BOX THAT CAN DESTROY YOUR TURBO SO RESPECT IT.

Then, start working on building up the necessary base so you can play with the box on the higher levels.

jlh

MUDDY

Reaction score
imo the powerpup is the way to go. i went that way for my 3rd gen. loved it. and they have a higher output program equal ot bttr than tst. i had the normal program [130hp gain on extreme] and that tickled me just fine.

thing bout the pup it has cool temps for pwr gained in comparison to other boxes and the ease of installation compared to boxes is great

if i did it over it still be the pup. stock programing on extreme still safe for stock trbo but id recomend an upgrade eventually to keep temps down on extreme so ya can stay in it longer :)

as to afe, i had that in proguard 7. good filtration and good flow

DBogo

Reaction score
isnt a 2005 cummins a 610 anywho go for the tst box either a 4 or 5 inch system and a BHAF it is much cheaper then the afe and will flow just as good and filter better

Whit

Reaction score
My wifes 04.5 has the power pup from Bullydog on it, we run it on performance level and we love it, great all around and if we get the itch we can go to extreem but dont think its necessary also it inproved our fuel economy by 1.5 to 2 mpg :D we also run the AFE pro gaurd 7 filter and I think thats a no brainer

Kyle Graham

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
New juice with attitude and if you really want to get down the Hot Juice just as Hokey.

Give me a call I can work out a package deal on the intake, 5" exhaust and Juice.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
New Guy Bombing!!

TNMOPAR,

Hey neighbor were in Nashville, stop by some time. Here's what you need to do, get gauges 1st, protect the engine and turbo. Now if you want the BD Power Pup and you get it with the Outlook, that gets you gauges, but GET gauges! We sell a lot of the Pups and Outlooks and they do a really great job, the Edge with Attitude is a great product as well you won't go wrong with either one as they both have gauges built into their systems. Next is intake and exhaust, if you add fuel you need to add the extra air, and engien is just and air pump and you add fuel to make it POP!. So many folks don't add the air in and out capability and it just hurts the potential performance of whatever module/programmer you decide on.

Give us a call, weve been doing these products and diesel for a long time and will walk you thru the questions you're bound to have, plus we have a really good pricing policy, check our web site about it.

Mark @ DPPI

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
Just to reinforce what has been said, whichever box you get, GET GAUGES!!! If the box you get has them built in, great, if it does not, install the gauges first. You don't want to find out why.

Deezle1

Fah-Q Racing
Reaction score
Gauges are essential. Especially when you get into more fuel and tow grades. Believe me, i messed up once and fried a turbo from not having gauges and did some damage to other parts of the motor (this was in an old mack single axle we had that we tinkered with). Aside from that, its like cheep insurance:) you can save parts and reduce stress on the motor by watching your egts, boost levels, and fuel pressure if you have a 24 valve. dont forget, once you add fuel, you need to expell it in a more timely fashion and add air to keep the old girl cooler:)

Best wishes and keep truckin,
Dom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.