2002 f550 super duty wont start

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
That's wath he said, now which fuses you think?

There are some big amp fuses on the drivers side engine compartment. It's the power distribution box.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
KEEP THAT STINKIN' ETHER AWAY from that engine :draw

Now with that said :D just for S+G have you checked the PCM relay-- one way to check is to see if the heater blower motor is working--

Another member had start issues {sorry can't give props due to CRS} but if I recall...it was the PCM relay.
Just pop the cover under the hood...on the driver's side and start inspecting fuses/relays.....:popcorn

Exekiel69

Reaction score
and the winner is.....

Batteries!! We removed them to recharge them and when reconnected it started right away.

Thank you all for the help this 911 thing does work.

also I made sure he wont be putting any more ether on it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
Batteries!! We removed them to recharge them and when reconnected it started right away.

Thank you all for the help this 911 thing does work.

also I made sure he wont be putting any more ether on it.

Glad to hear that your buddy is back in business Zeke! I've heard more problems with batteries this year than I ever have before. Crazy!

And on the ether, the only...repeat only way ether is safe is if the glow plug relay is disconnected. If the GPR is active and if even one glow plug is getting juice..................... BOOM! I do understand it is a cool way to remove the intakes though.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
He mentioned that when he sprayed a whole can of this ether on the intake if started with very high rpm's no throttle responce during that period of time and died just like it started. Now it does start we checked a few times and it does just fine. I'll give him some tip on how to treat it now since it is he's first diesel.

Thank you guys again.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
The PSD are very sensiteve to voltage, you dont have enough she wont go even if it is turning over fast enough, I have seen 7 intakes get blown up because of eather.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I saw a truck burn to the ground frome ether. Any diesel with glow plugs or any time of intake heater sheold ever see ether. Some bigger engines actually have a flame type heater and if you ether one of them you are gonna die! Be carefull with that stuff..
Ken

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Great to hear ya get er up n runnin! Now point em over to this site n make em read up a lil bit!

I used eather on mine ONCE, she dont get long too well with it. must be ive got an extremely good motor :confused: didnt wanna crank over to well on just a quick shot. (had/got air in fuel problems n dont need to buy a starter) thats a topic for another day!

:draw

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I never used the ether on mine, he has never had a diesel he even asked me if we could replace the "distributor", maybe that was the problem. Any way I told him not to use that, I thought it could not be good for a diesel but who knows on this new engines, after all you guys said I confirm and told him not to do it for any reason. He does not have a computer, so I will point him to use wherever basic stuff he needs (oil, additives, etc) to keep it on the rail. Hopefully he'll get a computer and get online, I did mentioned the site from the beginning :Sly .

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Glad to hear she's runnin' Zeke ;Sweet

Ether should only be used to clean parts :thumbsup:

IF and I say IF you really need to use some sort of starting aid-- ---ie: low compression...................is about the only one I can really think of use some kind of penetrating spray lube.

Ether flash dries and scores the cyls....especially when some ill-informed truck jockey sprays half the can BEFORE spinning the eng over then tries to shove the other half while the eng is locking against the liquid in the cyls ;Sweet

ALLWAYS spin the eng over BEFORE squirting :hail

TimMiller

Reaction score
I have a can of WD-40 to use as starting fluid. Is safe on these engines. If you look on the can of starting fluid it says DO NOT USE IN ENGINES THAT HAVE GLOW PLUGS OR INTAKE HEATERS!!!

Tell him to never use any additives in the oil and make sure he uses an oil rated for diesel. Maybe he needs to replace his sparkplugs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance