2002 Dana 50 in a '93?

bgfire

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody out there know if a Dana 50 front axle from a 2002 (It is a solid front axle) will fit into a '93 F250?

I was wondering if the overall alxe width is the same, and if the spring width was close. I am more curious than anything at this point. I saw one for sale recently.

I know that the better plan would be to put in a Dana 60 out of a 92-97; just thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Bill

WILLD

Reaction score
Bolt pattern on wheels would have to change. Spring spacing is a little different, but might be close enough. One piece wheel bearings suck though.

aaklingler

Reaction score
it would be a good time to put the 10.5 rear under it to, but i don't know if the front would work or not.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shouldn'b be too hard to find one somewhere and measure it I guess. I've lost touch with what is under the newer trucks. I'm surprised it's a 50.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
If it is indeed a 2002 it is a dana 60. The 50 finished its run in 01. The spring spacing is different. I dont remember how much but the spring on the drivers side is the problem. The bolt patern for the wheels is different also.
I'll measure mine if you would like.
Ken

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's one other issue I can think of...gear ratios. Your sig says you have 3.55's...IIRC, SuperDoody axles only came with 3.73 or 4.10 ratios. Are yuo going to re-gear your rear end, or the front? If the front, can you even get a 3.55 R&P for that axle?

bgfire

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was curious about it more than anything. You are starting to see more of the 99+ solid front axles showing up in wrecking yards, and wondered about it.

I had forgotten about the difference in wheels. I have a coworker that has a 2001 that I can measure; but I'll wait until the rain stops.

Thanks,

Bill

PS--Sure got a bunch more replies here than at the "other site"! Sure nice to have more than one choice in forums.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I did a a couple of quick measurements.

42" to the outside of the springs.
68" centerline of the tires approx.

I would go with the 97 & back D60. No unit bearings or metric bolt patterns to deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online