1998 DODGE DIESEL 2500 4X4

JWCONT1

Reaction score
HEY GUYS GOT MY 98 SLT CLUB CAB WITH 12 VALVE ONLY 156,000 MILES
****NEEDS AUTO TRANS****
BOUGHT TRUCK WITH 60,000 AN HAS BEEN A WORK TRUCK EVER SINCE
ROUGH IN AN OUT BUT RUNS AN DRIVES GREAT(EXCEPT TRANS)
HAS FUEL PLATE, 4"EXHUAST,COLD AIR INTAKE, 33'S LOTS OF NEW PARTS
WELL ASKING 5,500.00
WILL ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
TRUCK IS IN NASHVILLE TN 37075
[email protected][ATTACH=full]78856[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]78857[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]78858[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]78859[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]78860[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• email].gif
    email].gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00317.jpg
    IMG00317.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00314.jpg
    IMG00314.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00316.jpg
    IMG00316.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00313.jpg
    IMG00313.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0

JWCONT1

Reaction score
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AT OILBURNERS
HAD TO START AT SOME PRICE
HOW ABOUT MAKE OFFERS THEN???

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AT OILBURNERS
HAD TO START AT SOME PRICE
HOW ABOUT MAKE OFFERS THEN???
LET'S TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE....
YOU NEVER PARTICIPATED HERE AS A MEMBER AND YOU WANT OUR SYMPATHY??????
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SUCKER.......YOU WON'T FIND ONE HERE.
good luck with your sale btw.....;Sweet
for those wondering...the average going price for a dodge auto trans is roughly $1600.
offer accordingly.......

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
I would honestly say the truck is worth about $1500. $2000 tops.

I would not give more than $750. But thats just me.

Is that water in the floor mat!!!?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i payed 600 for my idi, and it looks like a gold brick compared to that, mine aint even got a dent or any rust in it, i wouldnt pay for it what i payed for mine

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would say honestly if you want to move the entire truck out of your driveway you'll be looking at $1500 bucks tops. I would slap $1500 on it and hope for the best. Now if you want more money for it you have a choice to make because non driveable trucks don't pull much money at all... So you either fix it and then put it for sale which if you have the $$$ for an auto trans trust me you will make it back in a few weeks so if you have the cash it's an investment.

Other option is to yank the motor and sell it off piece by piece, you will make the money but it will take something short of forever.

The old saying of "sell your truck while it's still running" holds true. The motor alone is worth more than the 1500 that you could possibly get for the entire truck in the shape it's in right now. The Dash is worth money if it's not cracked.

but 5500 for a non running truck isn't going to happen I don't suspect. Sorry to say it but it's true. If you can find someone to pick it up for that then more power to ya. But I don't see it happening.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My old red 2wd 83 F250 looks better than that and its from the salt belt. Sure as heck drives better than that too and I would be thrilled out of my mind to get $1200 for it! Come on man, you seriously can't be that out of touch with the current reality of the market. I'm sorry but thats a $500 truck in my opinion. It did as most Dodge cummins trucks do, fell apart around the engine. In all reality the motor is worth 3x more than the truck would be as a whole. The interior is shot, there's no way I would or even could stand riding in that truck with the seat like that and I would bet anyone looking at it would say the same. There is a significant amount of work to be done to that truck to bring it up to my service standards.
I have only seen one other truck in that bad of condition where the seller wanted an out of his mind price for it and that was a 94 crew cab Ford that belonged to a local brick layer. I took my dad with me to look at the truck and he knew the first minute he saw it who it belonged to. I was looking at buying it to cut it up, but there literally wasn't anything worth cutting up to save left. The shifter literally came out of the transmission when I shifted it into overdrive. He told me he wanted $5000 for it and I walked away laughing.
We don't mean to be rude to you or anything but you need to get real with your expectations for this sale.
I'll say it again, $500 for the truck as a whole, or pull the engine and get $1500 for it and haul the carcass to the metal recylcers for iron price.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
$500,..?,..nope,..Sorry, Any dodge truck with a running Cummins is worth $1500 to $2K no matter what the rest of the truck looks like. It is a perfect doner truck.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Read what I said Darrin. The engine is worth probably $1500 or more, but you couldn't make me pay that $1500-2000 and expect me to haul a piece of junk out of your way. If I'm gonna take the whole thing and have to deal with cutting it up you're gonna pay me big time to get it out of your sight. That truck is done. The motor is worth more out of the truck.
You can have your opinion but that truck is not worth saving. I can take what a vehicle looks like and its current mechanical condition and come to a conclusion as to what condition the rest of the vehicle is likely in. That truck was not taken care of. The transmission is gone, who knows what the suspension and axles are like, but judging by the looks of the truck they haven't been cared for well either.
Hey I'm not looking to slam the guy for how he's cared for the truck as a whole, but you gotta get serious and use some common sense. If it looks like a **** and smells like a **** then its probably gonna be a ****. That's why I do my very best to keep all of my vehicles looking just as good as they run.

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read what I said Darrin. The engine is worth probably $1500 or more, but you couldn't make me pay that $1500-2000 and expect me to haul a piece of junk out of your way. If I'm gonna take the whole thing and have to deal with cutting it up you're gonna pay me big time to get it out of your sight. That truck is done. The motor is worth more out of the truck.
You can have your opinion but that truck is not worth saving. I can take what a vehicle looks like and its current mechanical condition and come to a conclusion as to what condition the rest of the vehicle is likely in. That truck was not taken care of. The transmission is gone, who knows what the suspension and axles are like, but judging by the looks of the truck they haven't been cared for well either.
Hey I'm not looking to slam the guy for how he's cared for the truck as a whole, but you gotta get serious and use some common sense. If it looks like a **** and smells like a **** then its probably gonna be a ****. That's why I do my very best to keep all of my vehicles looking just as good as they run.

Exactly. I use a rule that if a vehicle runs, drives, and I can get it home in one peice, it's worth a grand, regardless of the power plant. If I were selling a beat up Dodge with a Cummins, I'd be advertising the engine, not the truck, and say that it was in a towable shipping crate. :sly

I don't care if it's a Cummins, Powerstroke, Duracrap, or any other gimmick engine name...if the truck doesn't run...then it doesn't run.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bout 2k is what its worth,tops. 500 would be stealing it in my neck of the woods. The truck is worth that in scrap almost. There is a market for cheaper cummins, which is why you cant get 'em cheap round here. But then again there is alot of money round these parts, unfortunately it isnt in my wallet right now!!!