1998 DODGE DIESEL 2500 4X4

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
There no way i would pay anything but junk price for that thing, cause its exactly that junk, i bought my 86 for 600 done a little work and now its a good truck, and around here junk brings $7.50/100 pounds

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Looks like that dodge went swimming.....

I think the air filter manufacturer should pay the claim - I see where it failed once it was fully under water/mud....

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG, I just don't understand how people can abuse a truck like that.

They beat it up, drive it into the ground, then sell it and call it a "work truck." Around here, the term "work truck" means "I've beat this thing as far as I can beat it, and I'd rather spend my money on something new to beat on, and I'm pawning this junk off on someone else."

I'm not poo pooing this guys truck in particular...he could have loaned it to his brother who breaks everything and got left with the mess. But until I got to Oklahoma, I'd never seen a $50-60K truck reduced to a pile of unrepairable junk.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
They beat it up, drive it into the ground, then sell it and call it a "work truck." Around here, the term "work truck" means "I've beat this thing as far as I can beat it, and I'd rather spend my money on something new to beat on, and I'm pawning this junk off on someone else."

I'm not poo pooing this guys truck in particular...he could have loaned it to his brother who breaks everything and got left with the mess. But until I got to Oklahoma, I'd never seen a $50-60K truck reduced to a pile of unrepairable junk.

I see it with $150000 dump trucks all the time! When they are close to breaking in half, they are put on the market for 3 times what they are actually worth. It's just like you said....beat into the ground.

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
I see it with $150000 dump trucks all the time! When they are close to breaking in half, they are put on the market for 3 times what they are actually worth. It's just like you said....beat into the ground.
Speaking of dump trucks and abuse... Ever seen one ride a wheelieLOL I am sure you have if youve had a stuck load:D There is a video on you tube of a jack ass that put a tandem on its back:rotflmao

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was referring to the lighter duty trucks, but I know what you mean...

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Speaking of dump trucks and abuse... Ever seen one ride a wheelieLOL I am sure you have if youve had a stuck load:D There is a video on you tube of a jack ass that put a tandem on its back:rotflmao

We quite often spread gravel for the graders. You put the tailgate chains on, leave the pins locked on the tailgate. Raise it up to the end of the second stage, get the truck moving in 1st gear and release the tailgate....THEN put the box all the way up as you are driving.....

We had one truck forget to put the box down and hit a diagonal guide wire....tipped the truck over and it was sitting against another truck on it's side when all was said and done.

We've had that same company stand one of their trucks up in the asphalt spreader for not opening his tailgate at all.

I've personally had one of our own truck break the though shaft on the forward rearend. Too throttle happy with 20 ton on board. It was a set of 44 000 eatons too, how do you manage to break one of those things?! They are as tough as you'd want in a tandem!

We've had wires ripped down, trucks running into other trucks all that good stuff.

A little common sense goes a LONG ways in ANY truck. I don't understand why people beat their gear up for nothing.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
That video shows exactly why I like older trucks with no warranty.....I AM THE WARRANTY!!!! It teaches responsibility and respect for the machinery.

These snot nose kids hot rodding around and being stupid in their fancy-pants expensive cars till something breaks and then they expect it to get fixed for FREE?!?! Huh uhh...Not in my book!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
That video shows exactly why I like older trucks with no warranty.....I AM THE WARRANTY!!!! It teaches responsibility and respect for the machinery.

These snot nose kids hot rodding around and being stupid in their fancy-pants expensive cars till something breaks and then they expect it to get fixed for FREE?!?! Huh uhh...Not in my book!

Hot rodding in a 1.6L civic....man, at least my mountain dew is a 2 liter!

I've done my share of "hot rodding" before and like you say....replacing a few 350 chevys, a couple corporate 12 bolt rearends, and heads and gaskets once or twice a year really gets on your nerves. I try and be easy on this truck because I've learned to not beat and smash on the gear.

I just want a nice looking truck, with a nice sounding exhaust to get me to and from work....I am done with the race trucks! lol

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Where I go to school, its more like this: Last year, a kid in my class brought a girl to shadow him. You could instantly tell she got whatever she wanted......whenever she wanted. Anyways, she rolls up in a NEW Porsche suv. And I'm thinking "Oh wow, I drive a $2k truck and she gets an suv worth more than my house..." but then I learn that she got that AFTER wrecking her NEW fancy Mercedes. Now that pissed me off!

If I wrecked my $2k truck, my parents would make me ride the bus....as a senior!...and make me earn a "new" ride. But nope, she gets a new suv thats just as nice, if not better than her "old" one!

Thats why I love driving old trucks to school, I get some comments like "Thats such a POS!" and "I can't believe you drove that to school!"...I say it brings diversity to the parking lot LOL

They act like they've never seen a truck before!

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where I go to school, its more like this: Last year, a kid in my class brought a girl to shadow him. You could instantly tell she got whatever she wanted......whenever she wanted. Anyways, she rolls up in a NEW Porsche suv. And I'm thinking "Oh wow, I drive a $2k truck and she gets an suv worth more than my house..." but then I learn that she got that AFTER wrecking her NEW fancy Mercedes. Now that pissed me off!

If I wrecked my $2k truck, my parents would make me ride the bus....as a senior!...and make me earn a "new" ride. But nope, she gets a new suv thats just as nice, if not better than her "old" one!

Thats why I love driving old trucks to school, I get some comments like "Thats such a POS!" and "I can't believe you drove that to school!"...I say it brings diversity to the parking lot LOL

They act like they've never seen a truck before!

That's why you back into them, or trade paint with the rich kids cars. And call it sharing the love. ;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
LOL you two. Farmboy, I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm long out of HS and into college now, but I still keep tabs on all the local kids with fast cars and there's a kid at a local HS who's a freshman I'll give you, that drives a brand new 2010 Shelby Mustang GT500KR. That's like a $80k-90k car! And on top of that I've heard he has about $20k in aftermarket work done to it. These parents are just stupid. I bought my first car, my brother bought his first car, we drove our grandpas 83 F250 to school for the most part, but let me tell you if something broke on any of our cars we had to fix them. I replaced the transmission in my 79 Z28 the first year I drove it, built a better one for it and got into even more trouble with that one. My brother's mustang has been pulled apart atleast 3 times that I can think of for bent push rods, it pulls like hell above 7000rpm but for whatever reason the push rods kept bending. My dad blew the clutch out of that car at the track and we had to fix that too. I've currently got a 426hp 355 sitting on an engine stand in the garage because I'm too afraid of it. I realized I was not responsible enough to have that engine in any of my cars so it sits until I decide I'm responsible enough.
My outlook on trucks is completely different than my cars though. My cars are my toys. My trucks are my living, they get me to work and back, they do every task they are asked to do during the day and if they don't may loose money because of it. Trucks are to be respected and appreciated, they will continue to treat you right if you do. But thats just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle