1994 body on a 2010 frame?

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found a 2010 F250 4wd frame with axles, is it feasible to put my 1994 body and drivetrain on it? Would I gain a better ride? I am assuming it will not be a direct bolt on, but would it be worth doing?

Frame has not been in a wreck and is complete. My initial thought is it won't be worth it, but the knowledge here is greater than mine.

No, I haven't been drinking. :D

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is your frame? I've read it's rather simple to put super duty axles under an obs. Probably a lot easier than keeping the whole frame.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anythings possible with enough fabrication

Took the words right out of my mouth. I can say that if you're not confident enough in your welding skills to me welding on new body mount brackets, motor mounts, etc... That a welding shop WILL charge a lot for it. Even though they aren't any special kind of welding, it holds liability for the shop and for that they will charge a lot for. And give you a bunch of stupid reasons why it cost so much too lol! Now forgive my ignorance, but that frame isn't one of Ford's aluminum frames is it??? Was that only on the F150?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
No, I haven't been drinking. :D

You haven't started the swap yet.
Sounds like a 2 KEG project...... Better yet, just put a kegoretor in the corner of the garage..... LOL

Remember, you're gonna have to swap wiring, make new brake lines, fit your tanks, and all that as well......

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steering could also be an issue. I'm unsure where the steering box is located on those trucks but you would probably need a custom steering rack

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
there was one done on here but i cant remember the guys name. he put a 90 body on a 2006 frame. took alot of fab work.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id swap axles. Seems easier.

I think the front body mounts actually line up, but after that it's all fab work. Way too much effort to me unless you're frame is junk or you're cab floor is gone. Actually mounting the engine and stuff would be the easy part. It's all the little pieces that will be never ending.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mind is made up, not worth it. I have too many projects currently. I am looking for a better ride quality, the stock setup is beating me up. My stock frame is perfect, maybe I should look into spring changes instead.

I appreciate the collective wisdom.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen those, great for the rear but it is the front that is the main problem. I know they will help but the front is almost like there are no springs, very harsh and jolting.