1993 F350 CC interior help!

Titojeep

Reaction score
Alright fellow 350 owners, I need help on selecting seats. I have a 93 F350 cc dually with the conversion interior. My front seats are the beige leather wide captains chairs, and the back seat is a soft leather bench seat that looks like its installed upside down (supposed to fold down to bed, but haven't done that yet). Overall it's in good shape, but the driver's seat is like a crater. (previous owner must have been a huge dude). I'm 5'6 and this ain't working for me. I need to fix a broken spring or two in the seat and probably the cushion material as well, however I was giving some thought on just getting a couple of doner seats from a wrecked vehicle. Since these seats are just conversion you'd think it would be easy for me to find something, but it's not. Anyone out there done anything intersting with fixing or replacing their seats. I found a replacement interior from a 96 but it's cloth and gray. Any good suggestions on covers? Not looking to spend a ton of money, just fix my front seat, and maybe purchase the rear seat from this truck since it's the regular seat with head rest and center fold down console. I can by the rear for 175 and the front for 200. Also the seat in this doner truck is the 40/20/40 and not powered. Would I be able to install only the driver and passenger seat and bold it up to the powered brackets on my existing truck? Any input would be appreciated.

psychohawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say "conversion interior" do you mean it's a Roll A Long converted truck? What type of conversion was done?

Titojeep

Reaction score
Conversion meaning "Tennessee Motor Coach" or like one of those other companies that I can't remember the name of. " Choo Choo customs", or something like that. It has all that real oak trim, LED lighting, the seats are leather, power, wide (like conversion vans) and fancy looking for their time. In otherwords, they took the stock truck, added the conversion van kinda stuff and made it into a "package". It doesn't have the TV in it any more but it's still a pretty nice interior. Hell for being a 93, the roof liner isn't hanging, and the carpet is actually in good shape as well.

Titojeep

Reaction score
Well, I decided to tear into my seat. I must say, it wasn't too bad. I don't have hog nose pliers or clips, so I'll be heading to Harbor Freight tomorrow, however I did find the root cause of the crater in my seat. On the back, the spring cross member had two broken welds. The bottom cusion, had a spring that had fallen out and the foam was worn from many years of exit and entry into the vehicle. I welded the broken piece and shimmed up the bottom part of the chair with seat foam until I had it where I like it. Just need the hog rings to put it all back together, and I'm good to go. I'm thinking I'll go ahead andy buy that back seat from that doner truck so I'd at least have a normal back seat, especially since I have kids. Right now, there's no head support for them and I always worry about what would happen to them in a rear end collision.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
ANY seats form a 83-97 ford crewcab will be a direct bolt in. The front and back seats are interchangable. 80-97 reg cab seats are also interchangable for your crewcab

Supercab and bronco seats would need to be modified to work

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger