1993 F-350 Project

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your plan of “needs machine work = new longblock” is solid, but due to sitting for a dozen years, I’d exercise every option I could to make sure its not just stuck rings. I’ve seen similar mileage rigs that responded incredibly well to a dose AutoRX and being worked hard.

Since you already have taken compression readings, give it a soak with your favorite penetrating cocktail, let it sit for a spell, and take compression readings again.

If they come up, you can assume the rings are stuck. If not, it’s costs you some penetrating oil and a week of waiting around.

Just my .02, good luck any path you choose. Very cool redoing something you have some history with.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 277k I would anticipate some machine work would be needed upon tear down. I have seen minimal cylinder wear on the blocks. head work is what I think you will need.
I would definitely get it running and then recheck compression. Seems like it would come up after running for a while.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's cold and all the oil has ran off the cylinders compression will read low. I would get some oil in there to seal the rings and get it fired up before I deemed it dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online