1992 Econoline 7.3 > #7 Fuse issue

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dear folks,

engine is running now and no more smoking :Thumbs Up thought interior fuse box shows a blown #7 fuse after every glow plug circle cookoo

I recently simply renewed ALL GP parts like 8 x GP + GP relay + GP Computer. GP circuit is working in a realistic 5-15 sec range depending on temperature. And engine is -Flame Thrup.

So that´s fine. Though I could´t test drive because I was able to tighten #1 (or #2? 1rst cyl left side) fuel line @ IP due to not reachable w/o special tool [if anyone has an idea please let me know]. So I needed to shut off after a minute or so, because of loosing the juice.

#7 fuse confuses (LOL) me. After every GP circle fuse is blown and i cannot start due to GP no show [no GP "wait to start"] and my electric fuel pump, that gets power from the GP relay. Though when running it stays on - hmmm cookoo this would mean no power to fuel pump ...

While working on the truck I recently noticed that the starter is suddenly no more working. The starter itself is ok. With a wire running to S terminal I was able to get it starting.
I found an info that #7 fuse is connected to the following: Anti-theft module / Transmission range sensor
Park/neutral position switch / Powertrain control module (PCM). Is this correct???
source:
http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/ford/e-series/62-ford-econoline-fuse-box-1992-1996.html

fuse was blowing already before starter decided to not operate anymore. BUT Transmission range sensor. see
Park/neutral position switch failure could also lead into a blocked starter - right? I haven´d tried to start in "N" position so far.

can anyone make sure what circuits are behind #7? Interestingly GP are NOT working if blown but they doesn´t seem to get power from that circuit cookoo

So I do need to find out what causes #7 to blow. There has been a 30A fuse - which also seems not ot be correct. I do not have a correct manuell to check.

btw: I checked ODB I codes and received #23. This is Throttle sensor out of range or throttle set too high – TPS. So nothing to with this.

The rig is a 1993 Econoline Quigley Diesel N/A ambulance distributed by Ford Norway. E4OD.

Last edited:

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also noticed now that the PCM "gets power" or is controlled by a fuse inside the Power distribution box via 60 A fuse - but also via the interior fuse box #7 via a 10 A fuse?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance