1991 F350 CC Dually 7.3 IDI turbo conversion truck in California

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
^^x2!! I swapped2 trucks to red. Its a pain! Bit well worth it.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya i swapped the "blue" out of my parts truck body to red, even thou i had a near perfect gray lariet interior.. There's just something about the red;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, you either like the pimp daddy red, or you hate it.... I actually like.... but some don't... I don't care for the blue,grey ones... seems like they are all the color..... I like the red and the tan.... but has to have the right color on the outside....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet it has that beautiful red interior :(
Yes, it does...and looks quite comfy!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'll take red over tan any day of the week!!

The bid'll probably go over what I can afford, but I'm watching this like a hawk...

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya i swapped the "blue" out of my parts truck body to red, even thou i had a near perfect gray lariet interior.. There's just something about the red;Sweet

I threw away a near perfect red and decided to stay grey. Just a personal thing. I hate red interiors.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That truck has a lot to offer,..What I find interesting is the line that reads:

Daily driver but engine and transmission should be rebuilt or replaced if used for towing

That I don't understand? :dunno

Wish there were some pics of the interior and motor,..

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
If you read the listing ....

That truck has a lot to offer,..What I find interesting is the line that reads: Daily driver but engine and transmission should be rebuilt or replaced if used for towing

That I don't understand? :dunno

Wish there were some pics of the interior and motor,..

If you read the listing ......

" Daily driver but engine and transmission should be rebuilt or replaced if used for towing "

Not confusing at all........

Regarding pictures of the interior ......

" INTERIOR IS RED CLOTH IN GOOD CONDITION WITH NORMAL WEAR "

What exactly are you expecting for a 20 year old truck on a
no reserve ebay auction currently selling for $810.00 ?

Jim

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
If you read the listing ......

" Daily driver but engine and transmission should be rebuilt or replaced if used for towing "

Not confusing at all........

Regarding pictures of the interior ......

What exactly are you expecting for a 20 year old truck on a
no reserve ebay auction currently selling for $810.00 ?

Jim

First of all,.I actually did read the listing, Know how to tell?,..I used this quote in my post,..

Daily driver but engine and transmission should be rebuilt or replaced if used for towing

,.....I actually copied and pasted right form the listing itself: I am talented like that.

And you re-quoting it in your post does not make it any LESS confusing, Like I am gong to read it again and go,...Oh,..Yea that makes perfect sense now! Thanks for clearing that up for me,.... ;Sweet

It just does not make any sense and here's why, If it runs and drives as a daily driver, then why would it need a new motor and trans if you were going to haul something with it? That is what it was built for.
On the other hand, if it needs a new motor and trans to be able to haul something, why would any one have any confidence in using it as a daily driver? Whoever is looking at a one ton crew cab diesel dually, just MIGHT want to haul something with it, and will probably not be buying it for a daily driver.

That one line takes all of the confidence away from any potential buyers.

As far as Pics of the interior, Yea I actually read that line too:

However a Pic is worth a thousand words,..and one guys idea of normal wear can be totally different from another. These conversion interiors can be Sweet or can look like a ***** old conversion van as far as quality of the wood, seats, and how they have held up over the years. Condition is everything, has it been smoked in? Worked in? How dirty is it? Color? etc. Pics can answer a ton of questions that a potential buyer may have.

Now,.. all that said, You may have noticed what else I sad in my post:

That truck has a lot to offer,..

Meaning that is a great truck especially for the price, It has a TON of extra stuff on it, conversion package, air bags, turbo, contractors topper, alcoas, 40 gal tank, etc etc, and TON of new parts in the last 5K miles. (read that too). All in what appears to be a rust free truck, with a nice stance, and is not all beat up.

So Yes it has a LOT to offer, and even tho I am 1200 miles away I am still considering it, however if it was within 2 states of me I would be bringing CASH tomorrow, so that is WAY more than what I would expect from a 810.00 CC Dually. If it were locally at the auction I would be paying about $2000.00,.

Good luck with the sale ;Sweet

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
First .... get a map

First ..... read a map

@ http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Grand+Rap...948&lon=-95.23234605789184&zoom=4&mvt=m&trf=0

Grand Rapids, Michigan is over 2100 miles from Rosamond, California

Not 1200 miles ....

Second ... read the ebay listing

An F350 7.3 IDI can be a daily driver and not suitable for towing

That is how the listing reads - I don't give a FLYING F*UCK
how you want it to read, how you interpret the information posted,
or that you are confused or that you want more pictures ....

It is what it is - nothing more & nothing less

Period

Here is the truck you are looking for in Cincinnati, Ohio ....

A 1989 F350 CC Dually for only $11,500.00 ......

@ http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/2782285155.html

Jim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel