G code remanned injectors - a different approach

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel that the person behind "Accurate Diesel" is a good and honest man with values similar to a lot of us. I don't think he'll lie to you if you specify what you want. The question is in reagrds to whoever his builder is. I'm sure he knows enough to adjust the pop pressure for you if need be. The $30 to test is steep, but he's got to make a living too and it doesn't sound like you have another option. If you want to give him specs and trust him, it's probably even more important that you wind u with a "matched set" of injectors for your performance and economy requirements. Might ask for 2100+-50 psi. Make sure it's at book spec +-100psi.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Injectors installed - running great

Well ...

Installed (5) injectors in Albuquerque ...
Remaining (3) in Tucumcari .....

After 500 plus miles .....

Very pleased - will order a second set ... ;Sweet

Handwritten note that I received a hand picked matched set
that popped within 25 PSI of each other at 2100 PSI

All (8) were Stanadyne G codes manufactured 10/93
stamped ' Made in Italy '

Picked up 2 m.p.g - more power - more torque

Back to driving ...... :thumbsup:

Jim

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the italian ones have the best parts. always have had. glad you like them.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not meaning to open a new can of worms, but how does psi setting figure in on these injectors.
I talked to a local gentleman that came from the CO area, transplanted his shop in the area.
He said he likes to set the injectors at 2100 or 2200, says it helps for acceleration from 40 - 60 mph. Never seen many guys talk about that, unless I need :idiot: one of those & just dont remember seeing it before.
Not including what Diesel JD just said.

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OnDaRoad, how have those reman injectors been treating you im about ready to pull the trigger on a new set. I want to put G's back in mine. thats whats in mine now.. just curious if you have had any problems.

Thanks

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have had the g code injectors in my truck for about 6,000 miles so far...they started in my truck in a non turbo app...and i did not notice too much of a difference besides smoother idle and acceleration...with my turbo on and turned up a tad they seem to do sell so far and they are from accurate diesel also...i would say they seem decent for price paid...but yet i do only have 6,000 on them so far

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I have run g codes in my turbo 6.9 with a turbo ip and i noticed i lost boost when i put them in place of my BB codes i went from ******* my gauge past 20psi down to about 18psi under full spool climbing the mountain seems like i lost smoke but i couldnt tell i lost power but couldnt tell i gained any either, fuel milage stayed about the same at 10-12 mpg motor ran pretty smooth with them cold starts suck as always a half can of starting fluid and im finally running when its in the teens, but my pump has both screws maxed and im timed pretty high, i just recently swapped some different injectors in i forgot to check the code there out of a turbo engine so they could be G or they could be something else but they run fine just havent got to test drive cause i have a busted bell housing right now

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can tips and other internals from different codes of injectors be used to rebuild a hybrid injector. For example, could one rebuild G codes with BB tips.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tips cost more than new bb code injectors.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I posted a thread recently with vids of my 93. I popped some used G codes up between 2050 and 2125 lbs.

It really idles smooth and quieter than my 87.

I've read all kinds of theories about turboed engines needing a more direct shot of fuel to get through the dense air and what not but I think basically a G code is gonna give you better atomization but won't put as much fuel out.

The BBs seem to pop a straighter shot of fuel that shoots skinnier and denser. Maybe it works better cause it shoots down out the pre-cup better.

I know when you pop the Gs they **** better and I know the idle is good and such but without popping my BBs up to 2100 I guess I can't give a great comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online