Injectors not popping very well

warrenstills23

Reaction score
So had hard starts and white smoke in my 91 dually only 3 glow plugs were working. Put motor craft plus in and helped a ton but still missed and surged. Took the injectors out and pop tested all of them only one was above 1700 psi 5-6 were right around 1500-1600 and 2 would bleed off before 1500... I'm assuming I better buy a set of injectors but. I have a banks turbo doing around 5-8 psi I am wondering what injectors should I buy? Just the regular code for non turbo or should I get the turbo specs one. Or would the injection pump not pressurize the higher pop on the turbo specs injectors.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, there's no difference in the turbo vs NA injectors, at least not anymore. All the quality remanufactured injectors are set to the same specs, and most of the "new" injectors are junk anyway. If that's your only question just order a set of remanufactured injectors from his website. He does quality work and won't steer you wrong.

The issues start if the injection pump is starting to get weak. Sometimes putting new injectors that pop when they're supposed to will do in a weak old pump. It's usually recommended to replace the IP at the same time, but lots of people don't and manage ok.

warrenstills23

Reaction score
After a bit of research I'm just gonna order a set any would be better than what I have. There's just no way to test the IP qnd no certified shop near me

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replied to your inquiry the next day.

'[email protected]' submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page A user has submitted the contact form on your store. Here are their details: Full Name

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Mathis <[email protected]>​

Thu, Jun 9, 5:54 AM (5 days ago)
to warrenstills23

That's not really how any of that works stock injectors are just fine. Higher pot pressure had nothing to do with the turbo they changed the tip a little bit but that's not even available the BB code tips that I use are the best bang for the buck for every application.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online