Anybody that wants to do a cummins swap

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Not nearly enough pics of the engine bay, could be a good one but I would ask for more pics, looks like the guy did the conversion on the cheap. For one thing he used the dodge radiator, bad idea, but hey it is a cummins with almost 160k on the clock and a ford to hold it, can't go wrong with that.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Really? I thought the psd rad would have the upper hose on the pass side like an IDI not on the driver's. Learn something new every day.

That rad looked awfully small to Me, so much that I thought it the dodge rad.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I thought the psd rad would have the upper hose on the pass side like an IDI not on the driver's. Learn something new every day.

That rad looked awfully small to Me, so much that I thought it the dodge rad.
ez-
every choker rad I've seen had the top inlet on the driver's side.
the first gen dodge radiator I have is even smaller that the one in the pic.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Oh I don't disagree, I just had it in My mind the the psd rad was the same as the one on the IDI cookoo. Still anything is better that the rad in the dodge's, the 6bt doesn't overheat that I know but the radiators dodge decided to use in their pickups just look funny in there, like they don't belong LOL.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I don't disagree, I just had it in My mind the the psd rad was the same as the one on the IDI cookoo. Still anything is better that the rad in the dodge's, the 6bt doesn't overheat that I know but the radiators dodge decided to use in their pickups just look funny in there, like they don't belong LOL.
your guess is as good as mime on why the cummins can get away with such a small radiator. all I know is all that heat transfer is power going out the window but a necessary evil is we don't want a melted down motor.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call my radiator small:dunno Maybe not huge, but it gets the job done just fine. Also, the intercooled rads are cross-flow.
Travis..