180,000 btu's with wmo?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Just a thought. Yes the 115v tank pad heater will work over night but adding a
hot fox
in the WMO blended tank (heated by a coolant loop tee'd off the heater core lines) will insure warm fuel pick up once you're driving and reach EOT.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use the cold idle advance to manipulate the timing to gain a 1.5 to 2 degree difference. Huff has been doing that for years, to reduce EGT's at full throttle. I can also tell you that retarded timing with WMO is like the kiss of death. The Moosestang's IP is now worn to the point where I have it cranked all the way over and it's still not advanced enough. As the condition has worsened, I am now seeing EGT's skyrocket under even the lightest throttle settings. If I floor it on level ground, I can get to 1200 in a quarter mile. :eek: My fuel milage is probably down around 10, from an original of 17. As soon as that funny government check comes, I'll be getting a new IP and injectors for it.

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can also tell you that retarded timing with WMO is like the kiss of death. The Moosestang's IP is now worn to the point where I have it cranked all the way over and it's still not advanced enough. As the condition has worsened, I am now seeing EGT's skyrocket under even the lightest throttle settings. If I floor it on level ground, I can get to 1200 in a quarter mile. :eek: My fuel milage is probably down around 10, from an original of 17. As soon as that funny government check comes, I'll be getting a new IP and injectors for it.

can you explain why this is? how does retarded timing with wmo (and i assume wvo as well) ruin the pump?

thanks,
paul

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's correct. I'm not saying the WMO ruined the pump. It certainly may accelerate wear, as I do not filter it in any way other than running it through the spin on filter on my dispenser, and then in the truck. However, I've gotten 20,000 miles out of a pump that already had an unknown history, and indeterminate amount of life left in it from the get go. The money I save easily purchases me a new IP if I needed it every other month. :rolleyes: Thankfully, I have over 2 years out of this one.

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I plan on running a 50/50 mix of wmo and diesel. I also have 2 big filters for the wmo before it hits the tanks of the truck! One is a 10 micron and the other is a 2 micron filter. I'll let you know how it works out......

tractorman86

Reaction score
I plan on running a 50/50 mix of wmo and diesel. I also have 2 big filters for the wmo before it hits the tanks of the truck! One is a 10 micron and the other is a 2 micron filter. I'll let you know how it works out......

same setup as cal?(towcat)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Does anyone know if an old Racor fuel/water seperator needs pressure to work? Or can I just hook it in line to my gravity feed setup I'm thinking about?

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
My first one (10 micron filter) is a fuel/water separator and my second one is a 2 micron fuel filter. I'm using a hand rotary pump (with the filters on it) to go from one barrel to a clean barrel.