180,000 btu's with wmo?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My vegoil is at 180*F right before the heads. That is a high normal temperature for vegoil. Regardless of heat my truck has always been sluggish from a dead stop and climbing hills on vo. This is due to the vegoil retarding my timing because of its high auto ignition temperature. By blending as little at 10% kerosene I drop the AIT enough to advance the timing to get full power on WVO. Running hot oil has nothing to do with it. So I do have experience running fuels hot as my rear tank of biodiesel is also run through my heat exchanger and is at 160*F right before the heads.

Read this.
Its topic is a quieter engine on WVO is not better. That's where it dawned on me to blend my WVO with the lowest AIT fuel (K1). I realize you're doing WMO and I have no WMO knowledge. All I know is what works for me with my truck and WVO.

Hey quick question, is Kerosene dyed like off road diesel? Just a quick question, maybe I will be looking at a WMO/Kerosene mix instead of costly WMO/diesel.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
pre-heating does help the burn though. it was one of the keys for a used oil furnace. now burning oil in a furnace vs a truck i am sure is a little differant.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
not all k1 has road tax on it around here the pumps have short like 3 foot hoses with a shield so you could reach a can on the ground but not your truck tank

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Has anyone tried advancing their timing yet to compensate for the WMO ignition delay???? Might be on to something with the "retarded timing" theory. Might also cause a more complete burn and less ash or coking to occur.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Has anyone tried advancing their timing yet to compensate for the WMO ignition delay???? Might be on to something with the "retarded timing" theory. Might also cause a more complete burn and less ash or coking to occur.

Wouldnt that equate to more power and fuel economy as well?

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, but if you advance the timing for wmo, and shut it down and restart on #2 wow, what noise you'll get. I've been running 100%wmo for 2 years now, and all I do is start up and shut down on #2, switching over once it starts to warm up. The only practical way IO.ve thought of to change the timing would be to wire into the cold timing advance to up the timing on wmo, and turn off for normal, but haven't even began to see if it could work.

tractorman86

Reaction score
Ah yes, but if you advance the timing for wmo, and shut it down and restart on #2 wow, what noise you'll get. I've been running 100%wmo for 2 years now, and all I do is start up and shut down on #2, switching over once it starts to warm up. The only practical way IO.ve thought of to change the timing would be to wire into the cold timing advance to up the timing on wmo, and turn off for normal, but haven't even began to see if it could work.

that might be a good idea, i always thought it was just a fast idle cyleniod though.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
that might be a good idea, i always thought it was just a fast idle cyleniod though.

It advances as well, I can feel it when I drive slow to let it warm up, the high idle kicks off, and I can feel a little kick in the throttle peddle, and the truck sounds a little different, plus I will have to give it a hair more throttle to accelerate the same as before (not very fast, takes me about a mile to get up to 55mph in the morning, trying to let it warm up nice and easy ya know ;Sweet)

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I might try straight diesel in one tank during the winter, I'd like to find a 2nd selector valve though for a spare...LOL...Right now it will start on a 40/60 mix no problem.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Heck, I will probably run a 75/25 mix of WMO/diesel or Kerosene. I'm putting on some electric tank heaters so I can heat the tanks at night. Electricity is cheap over here cause of all the dams, I havent heard the parents complain about using electricity yet, thats why I'm going to go electric ;Sweet.

tractorman86

Reaction score
been wondering about that myself, i have a couple in the parts room for tractors we sell up north and wondered why noone ever uses them in this application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7