#1 Injector Adapter part #

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This little guy ?

This fitting is both useless and extremely valuable at the same time.. As we are finding out. I purchased the van line for just this issue but. Seems my van line was of a smaller tube outside diameter and my clamp for pulse timing would not fit. I will need to re examine this further cause I sure don't like useless "things" on my engine.. Like a fuel heater that really never worked or proven needed... Even in the extreme cold slat belt areas.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i'd like to delete it like I did the fuel heater, but the last thing I need to do is introduce esoteric problems to my situation. I'd never figure out whats going on.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also hate this thing. Whenever I was having air intrusion issues I took everything off my ip, made sure the feed line was good and changed the olives and did the return lines caps o rings etc. Well upon buttoning everything back up this little thing would not thread on comfortably and felt cross threaded no matter what I was doing. I tightened it just a bit and fired the truck up and it didn't leak, and so I just let it run and tightened it more and more and made sure it didn't leak as I did it. It's probably all kinds of jacked up now but it doesn't leak and I bought a spare set from riotwarrior (thanks btw) of all the hard lines and keep them behind the back seat with a 5/8 inch wrench and some spare booze should this or any injector line ever be an issue again.

Not saying to do any of what I did, but I too hate this thing and if I ever take that line off again for any reason that thing is going to go.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess by indicating there's spare booze back there also serves as an example that I probably won't successfully fix anything and will wind up drinking instead, but oh well lol.. Can't win them all

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This fitting is both useless and extremely valuable at the same time.. As we are finding out. I purchased the van line for just this issue but. Seems my van line was of a smaller tube outside diameter and my clamp for pulse timing would not fit. I will need to re examine this further cause I sure don't like useless "things" on my engine.. Like a fuel heater that really never worked or proven needed... Even in the extreme cold slat belt areas.
Not only is the OD smaller, but so is the ID.

Towcat said
just as a side note.
if you switch 6.9 lines in place of 7.3, you must go all or nothing. there is a difference in the line length.
ideally would be to find a van 7.3 #1 line. if not found, the entire set of lines must be changed out or a firing imbalance will arise.

I wonder if the smaller ID makes much of a difference in how much fuel is injected compared to the other lines. At 2000 RPM, there is only 23 thousandths of a second to inject fuel at 8.5* BTDC. IIRC, by my calculations a couple of years ago. A .060 shorter line might be a plus.

BYE BYE; Super Bowl time.

Last edited:

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess by indicating there's spare booze back there also serves as an example that I probably won't successfully fix anything and will wind up drinking instead, but oh well lol.. Can't win them all

Yeah well, if the booze doesn't help you fix it, it'll help you wait for the tow truck! Win either way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online