“The 6.9” project thread

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some 295/75/16 Toyo open country tires for my Alcoa wheels, I really like them. I’m tired of not having my truck. It’s Heating up in California and I need to get my jet ski out on the water

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
295/75? They look so TINY LOL

I've been wondering if I could squeeze 285/75 on my 2wd but idk they're a good deal bigger than my 235s lol

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an '89 F-250 with a Hypermax turbo rebuilt by Russ and a Bull Moose pump. It was a great truck (I owned it for eight years) but I never installed an intercooler. I really should have because the limiting power factor on that truck was how quickly the EGTs would climb; I always had to let off the throttle before it made any real power (and that was after I turned the pump down two flats). How are the EGTs on your truck with the gtx3582r, built IP and no intercooler?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an '89 F-250 with a Hypermax turbo rebuilt by Russ and a Bull Moose pump. It was a great truck (I owned it for eight years) but I never installed an intercooler. I really should have because the limiting power factor on that truck was how quickly the EGTs would climb; I always had to let off the throttle before it made any real power (and that was after I turned the pump down two flats). How are the EGTs on your truck with the gtx3582r, built IP and no intercooler?
So for a short while I had a 110 pump. It was more of something to just let me drive the truck until I got a proper pump. I have a 90cc now that I haven’t driven on. But with the 110 without an intercooler the EGT’s were manageable but high. I would have to back out of it a lot sooner. If I had an intercooler it would’ve been a whole lot better.

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GTX3582, 110 pump and intercooler. Over the weekend I pulled my 20' gooseneck car trailer loaded with a small car, I'm guessing total weight between the car and trailer was around 8K. Pulling up a fairly steep grade I was able to easily maintain 55-60 mph in 4th gear, 10 psi boost and EGT was running around 1,000 to 1,100 and never climbed any higher. On flat roads I could easily keep it at 800-900.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GTX3582, 110 pump and intercooler. Over the weekend I pulled my 20' gooseneck car trailer loaded with a small car, I'm guessing total weight between the car and trailer was around 8K. Pulling up a fairly steep grade I was able to easily maintain 55-60 mph in 4th gear, 10 psi boost and EGT was running around 1,000 to 1,100 and never climbed any higher. On flat roads I could easily keep it at 800-900.

that’s great. I assume you got your issues figured out.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my hydroboost, finished up the engine, built a downpipe, and dropped my driveline off to get rebuilt. This weekend I should have it pretty damn close to driving. I miss my truck

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the engine In and I bolted up my downpipe. I did this first as I had built it with the engine out so I wanted to be sure it would fit. It’s an obs PowerStroke pipe from my diamond eye kit and all I did was chop off the top and weld on a flange. It fits freakin cherry so I’m happy.

The shop tunes today were Pearl Jam radio on Pandora so I felt nice and relaxed LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My goal is to drive this thing to my graduation. I’ll feel like a failure if I don’t LOL. I have until the 25th so I think I’ll be able to do it. All that’s left is just hooking the front end back up and waiting on one hydroboost line from Napa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online