‘90 CC Dually fender cost ??

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I posted these pics over in the Lounge under my thread “Snow, Snow, and more Snow.” Thought I’d stick ‘em over here too & see what you guys think a new or new/used fender may cost now-ah-days.

Back in ‘90 when that deer took that fender off it was IIRC about $250 time I got it on & painted, did it myself.

Soon this weather breaks I got to get busy & find one, get it on, & paint the whole truck.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Yeah ouch!!
BTW, since I'm asking about fender does anyone know what yrs will interchange on dually fenders that will fit this '90?
Also I got to start looking for a radiator core support for my '92 SWD. What yrs will interchange? Seems a really big rock jumped out into the road (gravel rd) that day I let my 10 yr old grand-daughter drive the '92! LOL WE took out the radiator as well as the core support!!!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure 80-97 will bolt up but only 87-97 will have the correct profile. 80-86 have a more squared opening.

As for cost, I remember it's the reason I didn't replace mine when I put a hole in it. I think $200-300 was the cheapest I could find new and I think they were thinner than stock.

Try looking on www.car-part.com they are a salvage yard database search.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
87-97 should work on the fender.

Core supports are body style specific:

80-86 - Bull Nose
87-91 - Brick Nose
92-97 - OBS

However, a diesel will need a core support from a diesel. The diesel radiator is much taller than a gasser radiator. You can cut the bottom loop from the diesel and graft it to a gasser, but it is not plug and play.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
87-97 should work on the fender.

Core supports are body style specific:

80-86 - Bull Nose
87-91 - Brick Nose
92-97 - OBS

However, a diesel will need a core support from a diesel. The diesel radiator is much taller than a gasser radiator. You can cut the bottom loop from the diesel and graft it to a gasser, but it is not plug and play.

Thanks Scott & you other guys. This will help me narrow things down bunches.

gandalf

Reaction score
Now that you have your field of selection narrowed down, there is one other thing to bear in mind. The dually fenders seem to be symmetrical front to rear. That is to say, the driver's side fender will fit on the passenger side by simply turning it end for end. Calvin's truck had fuel filler doors on both sides of his truck, but only the driver's side doors were connected to the tanks.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that you have your field of selection narrowed down, there is one other thing to bear in mind. The dually fenders seem to be symmetrical front to rear. That is to say, the driver's side fender will fit on the passenger side by simply turning it end for end. Calvin's truck had fuel filler doors on both sides of his truck, but only the driver's side doors were connected to the tanks.

Great... Now I want to put a third fuel tank in just because lol

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score

Thanks. Great, I would have never known this. Gives me more options to look for. If I was to put a dr side fender on the pass side i'd just have to never let pump guy fill up that side. LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Thanks. Great, I would have never known this. Gives me more options to look for. If I was to put a dr side fender on the pass side i'd just have to never let pump guy fill up that side. LOL
If you wanted to be an a**hole, you could hook the two filler necks together and then let him fill that side. No, don't listen to me. That's bad advice there. Funny? Maybe, but still bad advice!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
If you wanted to be an a**hole, you could hook the two filler necks together and then let him fill that side. No, don't listen to me. That's bad advice there. Funny? Maybe, but still bad advice!

Be my luck that the pump never shut off & it'd be my $$$$ that got his concrete all nasty & dieselie smelling......& I'd be lucky if he stopped at calling me a---hole LOL
But tell 'ya what, you do it first, I'm behind 'ya all the way, got 'yo back!! LOL
& I do like the 4 tank idea. haha

But I did ck out www.car-part.com today, called on one down at Klamath Falls that turned out to be a homemade fender. I'll find me a fender & get Bessie painted yet! LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Be my luck that the pump never shut off & it'd be my $$$$ that got his concrete all nasty & dieselie smelling......& I'd be lucky if he stopped at calling me a---hole LOL
But tell 'ya what, you do it first, I'm behind 'ya all the way, got 'yo back!! LOL
I was thinking about it splashing out and his reaction. I only wish that I had a dually to do this with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online