zf5 wiring ???

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
bunch of questions:

ok, so got the total install from c6 to zf5 done.
won't crank, I musta disconnected something from the c6.

I don't see the wiring connector that would have gone to the neutral safety switch for the zf. I assumed it'd be up there, or leaving the c6 in park would have made it start. Guess not.

what can i do to hot wire this?
I've got an unplugged black connector near the trans that goes to nothing anymore, it once when to the shifting mechanism on the c6, is there a jumper I can get for that?

the two pin connector I have near the top/driverside of the zf is plugged in, it goes no-where tho, does that green wire and red with blue stripe go to the neutral start switch?

any help would be appreciated.

discbrks

Reaction score
I think you're on the right track with the red w/ blue stripe wire. That's usually the wire to trigger the starter solenoid. If the green wire and the red/blure wire are o the same plug, then I'd unplug it and stick a test light on the green wire. If the green wire lights up every time you trun the key to start, then use a jumper between it & the red/blue wire.
Keep in mind that this is ONLY a guess. Maybe someone with more knowledge will jump in.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
well that wire leaves the trans, and leaves the clutch/safety switch, which is great.
but I don't see the power to it all under the dash.

I got it running, I took the electric switch off the c6 and set it to where park should be, plugged it in and it fired right off.
The auto-gear selector doesn't need to be in park, the electric switch on the trans does.
Thats good for the time, But I need to find something more permanent for the long run.

happy to have it all running a-ok, and man, I need more stick time, I've gotten super lazy having an auto for this long.

Drew

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I don't see the wiring connector that would have gone to the neutral safety switch for the zf. I assumed it'd be up there, or leaving the c6 in park would have made it start. Guess not.

what can i do to hot wire this?
I've got an unplugged black connector near the trans that goes to nothing anymore, it once when to the shifting mechanism on the c6, is there a jumper I can get for that?

the two pin connector I have near the top/driverside of the zf is plugged in, it goes no-where tho, does that green wire and red with blue stripe go to the neutral start switch?

any help would be appreciated.

The unplugged black connector IIRC should have 2 wires in it that have the red with blue tracer wires. Jumper those 2 together and it should start.
As for the 2 wire plug on the ZF, that is for the reverse lights.

The clutch interlock switch on the ZF equipped trucks is the module that rides over the pushrod for the clutch master cylinder.