ZF-5 Vs ZF-6 fitment, pitching the auto and 6.0, going 12 valve and stick.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
So I've got a 6.0 with an auto. I want to go 12v with a stick. I was told that I'd have to cut the floorboard out and raise it 2" to fit the ZF-6. Would a ZF-5 fit without butchering my floorboard?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I wish I could help but I've never messed with the zf-6 yet, if You want a stick why not just put a g56 from a dodge? They have 6 gears as well as the zf-6 and are good transmissions with parts available if repairs are needed.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Not really. You just connect your master to the dodge slave

Exactly what He^ said, the dodge transmission is meant to be bolted to a 6bt, the parts are easily sourced, it is a 6spd, from what I read so far a good choice for reliability (not the nv5600) and when it comes to the hydraulics well, You are attempting to do a engine swap, believe Me the hydraulics are the least of Your worries. Besides it is not hard at all even if You have to combine a ford master and dodge slave. I like zf transmissions but in this case I would favor the g56 bc it makes more sense for what You are doing.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Which still leaves me with having to modify the floor board, which is what I'm trying to avoid. Keep in mind, that the 12v is going to be completely stock. No horsepower mods. The only thing I'll be doing is running it through the 6.0 intercooler. Also, I'm not sure about the dodge transfer case that I'd have to use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726