12 valve mounts vs 24 valve mounts (with photos)

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Travelall projects engine is too far forward, buddy of mine said 24 valve mounts will scoot the engine back a few inches, I could not find any info to back this up.. i have however found photos of the 24 valve mounts and took measurements based off my own 12 valve mounts. I'd say its safe to bet the 24 valve mounts would scoot me back 4 1/2"

12 valve mounts:
You must be registered for see images attach

24 valve mounts:

Travelall engine bay: (I have about 2 1/2" of clearance before the BFH comes out)

Engine could go back about 5 1/2" if I bash the firewall in:

I would need to smash in these 2 spots:

If I welded a stud inside behind the 2 red circles would a slide hammer let me yank that in a few inches?

The way the engine sits now I would have to lose my mechanical fan AND intercooler to fit. If I scoot the engine back 2 1/2" I would just lose 1 of the 2, if I knock that firewall in I could fit both, if I'm correct on my assumption of the 24 valve mounts scooting back 4 1/2" and go that route I'd still need to massage the firewall and possibly still lose 1 of the 2 mentioned pieces of equipment. I'm stuck not too sure which way to approach. Any advice?

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use a hammer, cut it out and recess it correctly.

Inconspicuous area so thought why not go the easier route. But yeah I'm currently looking for some local 24v mounts then I will more than likely be cutting it for the scootback