Youtube guy putting up weird info

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Alright guys, looks like this guy knows something all of us dont, or knows nothing. Lets try to debunk some of the things he is saying about IDI's to see if he is correct or not.

These will be copied and pasted from youtube.

1) IDI's hate rpm with a passion i think the only diesel that hates them worse is the 6.2L detroit that was put into the early 80's chevy's

the IDI 6.9L will hold rpm for a while but will breakdown the oil withing nothing flat and when you get oil breakdown and foaming it will seize the rods to the crank

2) ive done my research and those turbo's that you can buy for the 6.9's from ATS or banks will push 30 lbs easily with the right wastegate, and that will put out a little of whine. ive done my research because after i get my 6.9 rebuild im going to get some 20hp injectors and send the pump to a fuels shop in my area and have them turn it up. it will be n/a and have 5 inch right now im running dual 3 inch with gutted glasspacks and its all it can do to handle it STOCK

3) then how come my old 6.9 with an ATS turbo handled 30 constant psi before the motor grenade'ed at 400K miles when 3 pistons went at the same time

This guy is going to get into a ******* match with me I can tell, he gets defensive about what I right. Youtube user name TBWdracula2003

I'll post up more stuff if he says more ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Your arguing with an idiot! I'm gonna get me one of them Chevies with a Detroit though! :)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Your arguing with an idiot! I'm gonna get me one of them Chevies with a Detroit though! :)

LOL Thats what I figured, I bet this guy gets off posting wrong info to people :backoff . I always thought DD designed the 6.2, and then chevy produced it, might be wrong, but I have heard that before, but never calling it a 6.2 detroit :D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
"Designed as a diesel engine from the ground up by the Detroit Diesel Division of General Motors, the original 6.2L diesel engine was introduced in the 1982 model year GMC and Chevy C/K pickup truck and full-size SUV lines."

Taken from http://www.62-65-dieselpage.com/

Was making fun of the grammer more than who made it...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
"Designed as a diesel engine from the ground up by the Detroit Diesel Division of General Motors, the original 6.2L diesel engine was introduced in the 1982 model year GMC and Chevy C/K pickup truck and full-size SUV lines."

Taken from http://www.62-65-dieselpage.com/

Was making fun of the grammer more than who made it...

I see ;Sweet I caught the grammer to...I've never heard anyone call them a 6.2 detroit LOL.

I'm going to call up ATS to get that wastegate so my turbo can push 30psi :D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where hes getting his info. Towcat pushes these 6.9s to the limit all the time, the 6.2s and 6.5s are the same way. I don't know if the ATS turbos can push that much boost, but I don't think the motor could sustain it. I've heard of close to 20 with enough fuel.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I figure that a turbo that is designed to have an effieciency of no more than 12psi, give or take, would die quickly at those psi #'s. I figure 120k rpms is on the high end of what a turbo can sustain, and if thats at say 15psi....240K rpm's to make 30psi of boost, I just dont see them keeping together all that long.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olyimpics, even if you win your still retarded"
Just a quote I heard years ago, this thread made me think of it! LOL
Some things just aint worth arguing.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
"Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olyimpics, even if you win your still retarded"
Just a quote I heard years ago, this thread made me think of it! LOL
Some things just aint worth arguing.

Thats fine....guess I'm retarted cookoo LOL. I can see someone posting up one of the above out of ignorance, but when this guys goes and says all of this, which is obviously wrong, it kinda irked me....especially when I called him on it and he replied with the 3rd one I posted (in reference to the 2nd one).

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
LOL The guy is an idiot Justin, let it go. Some battles arent worth winning.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well Justin, I didn't mean anything derogatory, the problem is, their not ever going to recognize they are wrong. In most cases, you are just wasting keystrokes as they know it all and won't take the truth for an answer. I've done it too, argue with idiots that is, and in the end, you could tell them it's raining and they'll tell you it's not!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well Justin, I didn't mean anything derogatory, the problem is, their not ever going to recognize they are wrong. In most cases, you are just wasting keystrokes as they know it all and won't take the truth for an answer. I've done it too, argue with idiots that is, and in the end, you could tell them it's raining and they'll tell you it's not!

Dont worry I didnt take it that way ;Sweet....and I've heard that saying before, its all good :D

I guess I'll let this guy go.

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got a 1990 7.3 with a ATS Turbo, and I know that because of the compression ratio (21.5 to 1), you can't run more than 12-15 lb of boost. It is just against the laws of physics, not that the engine is any less built. Drop the compression to 16 to 1, and run 50lb of boost (after changing the head bolts). At any rate, I can run the crap out of mine, while towing a very heavy 28 foot RV up White Bird Summit in Lewiston, Idaho and not have any issues.

Marq

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin