Youtube: Can't decide

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that video before, that truck sounds like it's running like absolute dog doo.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The cab is tweaked like the front end is stuck down in something, but the rear tires aren't spinning which is confusing. Regardless, the guy should have said something like "Hey, I'm stuck it might get cloudy back here" to at least warn people. I'm the same way when it comes to my daughter and all these cocky cummins owners who feel they have to impress me by smoking me out.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have bought the stuck parking brake story if it were not for the fact that theres a CAMERA filming the whole thing. If it were really stuck, then drop it in low range and feather the clutch real easy. This was deliberate.

It might have been funny if it was his buddy there or a bunch of them, but when you have a young kid in there like that? Dude, not cool. Not even close.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Not at all cool-not even "cute-nor funny,just plain ignorant.If those were my kids,or my grandchildren I would take him out with a tire iron.

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Most certainly very rude.
Is there still confusion as to what brand the truck is!!!?
I would think diesel people could tell truck brand by sound.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No question whatsoever IMHO....that was EXTREMELY rude. And, as others pointed out, it just gives that much more ammo to the radical environmentalists... :(

sootman73

Reaction score
its the sound of a powerstroke. and ebrake or not that truck has enough power to spin those tires even with the foot brake on. no reason he wasn't moving out of there unless on purpose.

i guess this is why you put stacks on and then there wouldn't have been a problem with smoke!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it has a clutch. That's the typical response from a 4R100. With the amount of throttle he is giving it, it's not going to even try to move with the right front wheel stuck like that. Yes, 4Lo will be required. That and about 2000 RPM's with the turbo singing (at which point the exhaust might clear up some) and then it MIGHT try to get the heck out of it's own way. I'd never own a piece of crap like that. Oh wait... I do. :puke: Who's got a ZF-6 to sell?

As for ignorant, or rude, I think it neither. Looks like a setup to me. If it isn't, then the guy to the right is an a$$ for letting his family sit there, and not offering to help the guy who is stuck. At a minimum, I'd be saying to the stuck guy... 'give me a minute and I'll move my truck'.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read the story on another forum. He DID NOT know the guy in the truck next to him. Transmission was *****'d, and truck wouldn't move. It loads the motor way too easy if you re-watch it.

He admitted to being a **** about it, but in the end, it happened. No excueses, no reasonings. Just wish it wasn't still on youtube for the greenies to pick on.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years back we were wheelin' with some people we know, up in the snow.. This guy ended up getting his nice power stroke with a few upgrades stuck. His tires were in a hole maybe a foot deep, and it was slick.. yet he could NOT even spin a single tire. It was amazing to me. His was an auto though.. and he was in low.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years back we were wheelin' with some people we know, up in the snow.. This guy ended up getting his nice power stroke with a few upgrades stuck. His tires were in a hole maybe a foot deep, and it was slick.. yet he could NOT even spin a single tire. It was amazing to me. His was an auto though.. and he was in low.

You serious????:eek:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember what all he did to his, but he had a programmer and stuff. It's a nice truck.. that's why I was so shocked when he couldn't spin a tire. If he had been able to, it would of lifted right out of the small hole.

I have pics somewhere..

Here is a vid right before he got stuck. It wasn't deep at all, just really icy. They put me out in front with my open diff, A/t'ed XJ because they thought I would get stuck first.. I'm driving along with no problems and then realize they aren't following me anymore. :rotflmao

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/homelessduck_Again/1986 XJ/?action=view&current=MOV01656.flv