yep, be jealous...

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

and a pic of my pops truck.... the other tow rig of the family.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooo and tire defogging fluid
wait they do have muffler fluid crap lol

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooo and tire defogging fluid
wait they do have muffler fluid crap lol
The proper term is "diesel exhaust fluid"...I've also heard it referred to as AdBlue or BlueTec (M-B's trademark for the stuff)...it's the urea injection stuff. I'm not sure if the new Scorpion engine uses it or not, but I hope so...from what I gather, the urea doesn't kill fuel economy like the particulate filters do.

I had fun trying to explain it to the mechanic at work yesterday...the Sprinter needs a urea top-off (and I couldn't find the fill pipe to *** into LOL ), and when I mentioned it to him, he thought I was pulling his chain...

Butcherman

Reaction score
The proper term is "diesel exhaust fluid"...I've also heard it referred to as AdBlue or BlueTec (M-B's trademark for the stuff)...it's the urea injection stuff. I'm not sure if the new Scorpion engine uses it or not, but I hope so...from what I gather, the urea doesn't kill fuel economy like the particulate filters do.

I had fun trying to explain it to the mechanic at work yesterday...the Sprinter needs a urea top-off (and I couldn't find the fill pipe to *** into LOL ), and when I mentioned it to him, he thought I was pulling his chain...

When they first came out with the DEF, I was at a meeting where Freightliner brought a couple of trucks to with the new Detriot DD15's in them.
After the Freightliner engineer explained it, he said not to put water in it or it would damage the system. I asked him if we could *** in it if we ran low.
He didn't think it was very funny.:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 dodge in kali in definitely using DEF. I am looking right at 6 5500 series towtrucks with the DEF bottle.

I still like my P71 badge below my diesel badge.:D

Attachments

• DPI.jpg
    DPI.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 3

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
2011 dodge in kali in definitely using DEF. I am looking right at 6 5500 series towtrucks with the DEF bottle.

I still like my P71 badge below my diesel badge.:D

Yep Towcat, all ya gotta do to intercept the police is to hit 104 mph in an IDI, right? :rotflmao:rotflmao:hail;Poke

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
We have a 2011 Maxxforce International bucket truck 33000 gross at my county and compared to the 2007 International bucket truck it is a complete DOG! That urea crap turned the truck into a 4 cylinder diesel I swear... The 2007 will drive circles around it. Anything over a 6% grade results in the truck ******* down and down until it sits at 2500 RPM's doing 25. It's real pretty, but the urea and whatever else they did to that truck make it just about worthless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726