Yep...another "whats it worth" thread...

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
94 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 IDI Turbo XLT. Rust free from TX. A lil' under 200K, auto, runs and drives well, every thing works. Has dings, fading paint, etc. that you would expect from a 94. Int. is pretty decent, front bench is trashed on drivers side, but I just picked up a set of buckets/console from Hoss. I'm at a turning point here and I need to decide what to do with this truck. It needs oil cooler seals, and a right upper B/J. Tires are fair. Starts right up even this morning. Need door hinges (have another set) due to saggy door. You get the idea...I'm just looking for opinions on what some thing like this is worth, to know if I should keep it and fix it, or sell it and look for a cheaper diesel or a gasser for the daily commute. You can read more info on my delemma here:

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35442

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep her - a good running 4x4 diesel is great thing to have in the winter time, and where you're from there's lots of winter. The repairs you need are pretty minor, nothing like some of the stuff I do for instance (engine swaps, full suspension rebuilds, rust repairs that require pretty much grafting two cars into one, and such), so it won't cost you an arm and a leg to have the truck all fixed up - besides, even if you sell it and get another vehicle, who's to say that new vehicle won't need way more extensive repairs in a few months? Stick with what you have, you know the truck better than you know any new vehicle you may be getting, so with the truck you have less of chance of unexpected but nasty surprises down the road.

FWIW, I used my truck for a 2-mile commute for half an year, then I moved and my commute was 5 miles one way - nothing wrong with using a big diesel for a short drive...

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Since it sounds like you have parts to fix the current rig, I vote to keep it.

Thad

7bicks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a basket case, you should just sell it to me for parts. Make it cheap enough and I'll fly there tomorrow.:Q:Q
Overall it sounds like pretty solid truck, I would keep it.

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
OK...so I see you all think I should keep it, BUT...if I should decide to sell it what's some thing like this rig goin for, round about figure? I'm still waiting to hear back from DDC about fixin the oil leak, but if I can't get out of it what I got in it I'll prolly just keep it. Here are a few poor pics...

Attachments

• 3501.jpg
    3501.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 3502.jpg
    3502.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 3504.jpg
    3504.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 6

7bicks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around here, $4000 give or take. $5K would be pushing it and $3K would probably be a pretty good deal.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I vote keep it!

That's a mighty solid truck and the maintenance costs are far less than a vehicle payment.;Sweet

Let me get my hands on it to work some magic and get her back up to *****.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online