Y-Pipe Availability?

Jacob Coleman

Reaction score
Hi guys, long-time lurker and first-time poster!

I have a '92 F350 NA 7.3 with a failing exhaust system that is currently a dual 2" with some hastily welded connections, and would like to get a proper Y-Pipe like the Aerojet LD3 (is this still made?) or something equivalent to get my exhaust in tip-top shape. I looked at the Dynomax and Walker, but the T-shape looks the same as stock and I am avoiding that if I can!

Is there a decent Y-Pipe still available for a realistic price?

Thanks everyone!

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked the banks online and it looks like they have it for 87 and up 7.5L v8. I’m not seeing anything that looks better than the stock set up currently but didn’t dig too far.

Once I move and have space to work I plan on putting together and exhaust jig so I can fab exhausts up on the side. I may bug everyone in the northeast to check out their truck so I can get different jigs made for SC, CC, SRW, and DRW. One can dream right?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
The dynomax is about the best option I know off. Certainly a step up from the factory y pipe.

Been a long time since Ive heard anyone mention Aerojet. Can't locate them online anymore. Be a shame if they are no more.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked the banks online and it looks like they have it for 87 and up 7.5L v8. I’m not seeing anything that looks better than the stock set up currently but didn’t dig too far.

Once I move and have space to work I plan on putting together and exhaust jig so I can fab exhausts up on the side. I may bug everyone in the northeast to check out their truck so I can get different jigs made for SC, CC, SRW, and DRW. One can dream right?

Hey I'm in the northeast lol. Where are you moving to?

Jacob Coleman

Reaction score
A local muffler shop cam bend one up for you.

Great point, and more to the point I can do it myself and most likely will, I was ultimately curious if there was still a readily available and recommended option, which sounds like the closest might be the..

Banks Powerpack is an awesome NA Y pipe. No idea if still available. I could email someone a pic of one of helpful.

Googling the Banks Powerpack for a 92 doesn't give me much, but a pic would be awesome, future thread visitors would appreciate it too, I am sure! At the very least it would provide a rough template to work from, and I have only seen (heard?) good things about them in other forums and threads.

Agreed, I didn't find much either, and that is a great idea!

The dynomax is about the best option I know off. Certainly a step up from the factory y pipe.

Been a long time since Ive heard anyone mention Aerojet. Can't locate them online anymore. Be a shame if they are no more.

That was what I was seeing in terms of online options, too.

I got my brands mixed up! It's Autojet, not Aerojet, d'oh! I found a thread on ford-trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/991717-idi-exhaust-question-2.html) and they mention the Autojet LD3 Y-Pipe, which when you go to the link in that thread to the Autojet website the pamphlet has obviously changed and no longer mentions the 7.3. Only mention of them still having them in stock (I guess they stopped making them in '09?) was in 2011 and you had to e-mail them to check availability, price was $129 + shipping (this was mentioned in another thread on that forum that I am not finding right now).

Hey I'm in the northeast lol. Where are you moving to?
Maine. Since they will bother me less about loud vehicles and emissions testing. But as close to the NH border I can be so trips to see my family in Mass aren’t extensive.

Plenty of diesel Fords in Southern Maine, you'll enjoy it!

And thanks everyone for your replies!

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket y pipe in the market place. It would probably cost quite a bit to get it shipped because of the size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86