WVO -SHOW ME YOUR SIMPLE SETUP.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have a line on 160L of WVO a week for free through a bar that my cousin runs. I want to filter it and run it straight with a heater system. Is anyone here doing this? If so show me what you did to make it work. I have 2 tanks on my truck so I'd like to run it in the rear tank year round if possible. This would be a regular, steady supply as long as I wanted it.;Sweet

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
first i would like to suggest using the front tank and use the rear for your straight diesel or 1202 wmo mix, as you will still need diesel (1202) to start and i suggest diesel for about 5 min before you shut down and for heating your tank what about running an inverter of your electrical system and using a recirc heater thermostaticly controlled and plumb in a circuit for it thyen after a certain temp is achieved have it setup to use plumbers heat trace submerged in your tank

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
1202, 1203...I know my placards...LOL...I worked in a Trimac bulk transport shop for 2.5yrs. Have you tried any of the idea's above? If so what did you use for parts?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
BIG RIG what are u going to use to heat your oil during the winter
thanks im just courious im not really shure what im going to do so im just want your input on what u thing
thanks

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I will use engine coolant to maintain the heat but I will need something efficient to heat it quickly as I don't drive tht far to work. I'll probably be making my own custom heater once I get the design right in my head. I'l also have a plug-in device for the overnight heating.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
HEY BIGRIG this is what im using i dont have my camera here at work but ill explain it to you but ull know what im talking about though

its off of a 92 FL its the fuel heater that uses coolant and theres a filter that goes on top i believe its an ff 105 anyway i had a secondary filter block off that went on the 3406E and used that to block off that filter part and it was all free just got to get the fuel fittings and stuff

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I've been looking at a fuelpro setup from a Detroit....still exploring other heaters with the help of my F-inlaw who sells parts for CAT.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
mine is a fuel pro also but here is what it looks like and there is the fuel filter block off plate or what ever u want to call it and i got to looking at what i posted eariler in 92 they didnt have the 3406e im retarted it was the 3406C sorry guys

Attachments

• Picture 002_resize.jpg
    Picture 002_resize.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 003_resize.jpg
    Picture 003_resize.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 001_resize.jpg
    Picture 001_resize.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 4

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Did you find out how hot that the pro heats the fuel? I was going to get one of those from our rig junkyard at work. I'd like something with a 12v heater too. The F-inlaw is looking into some tank heaters for machinery.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
im not really shure i should look that up but i think it just heats it up to the coolant temp
speeking of 12v heater ive got another one that came off of century class that has one i think but it have the coolant rolling through it and its one of those stupid fuel filters fs 1029 if your famailiar with fleet gaurd those three piece things but i think my block off will fit it havent tryed that yet
let us know what the F-inlaw has to say about the tank heaters

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle