WVO -SHOW ME YOUR SIMPLE SETUP.

Ultralight

Reaction score
I fill a 33gal drum with 75/25 WMO/Diesel and let it sit for a week with a few big magnets in the bottom. I siphon out of the tank within 6" of the bottom into a 5gal bucket. I then pour it through a 1 micron sock filter and let it drain into a 5gal fuel can. I just hang the filter off of a hose bibb that I screw into the bucket lid bung, lay the bucket on it's side on a shelf in my garage and let it drain into a funnel and into the can. Out of the can into my car. The whole set-up cost $20 and everything except the drum is new.
Drum; local grease pit: free
Bucket; Lowes: $4
Bibb; Lowes: $3
Filter; McMaster.com (6835K42) $5
Funnel; Walmart: $2
Fuel Can; Walmart: $6
Would take me longer to post a pic than to build the set-up

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
takes up a bit of useable bed space id just like to use my stock tanks

thats something that i wreastled back and forth with because i to use my bed regularly. i still might swap it out, hasent really got in the way yet but firewood season is coming soon.

DIESELHERB

Reaction score
I know 2 guys who run SWO in VWs. They use a tank heater(engine water) also a filter heater(engine water) and also a glow plug block for quick heat. These are 2 tank systems. VW puts a oil cooler on alot of their engines these guys use them as fuel heaters. Also yu can get a heat exchanger from Surplus Center for $20.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online