Wow, go bypass filter!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, OK. Just what is "hotel grade" toilet paper??

Like the man already said---JOHN WAYNE TISSUE---rough:backoff , tough:backoff , and don't take no **** off of nobody:backoff .

That old saying has been around since before there was a John Wayne.

In fact, John Wayne's actual name was something like William Henry Morrison; and, since he was almost as tough as the tissue, he took it's name for a stage name.
:rotflmao

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
So how often do you check into the hotel? LOL

I have an FS-2500 on the Moose Truck, and it works great too.

Mel

How do you like that FS2500 setup? I mean as far as ease of installation, servicing, leakage, and actual results. I'm toying with the idea of one for the DMax. Actually it will get one, just a matter of time. Then, whichever IDI gets replaced first will get one. I was going to put one on Carla's truck, but I figure why prolong its expiration. The sooner it needs replaced, the sooner I get to build a new engine.:D

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my blackstone reports speak for themselves. I do like it, and they say you only need to change the element about every 10K. Quality is first rate. The thing that scares me about the toilet paper types is what if a chunk on the downstream side breaks off?

Toilet paper grade is usually about 320 grit at the Super 8, and you get down to about 80 grit as the price drops. LOL

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had a toilet paper roll break up exposed to oil.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for results on My oil, My guess was that after I installed the bypass I had low pressure and before I never did, now that I'm not using it the pressure went back up so is obvious something is going south with that bypass filter. I do not discard that it cold be My bypass system the one with the problem since every one else have good results. Me, I went back to motorcraft 15-40W which is what give Me good Blackstone reports in the past and if I ever go back to the bypass it'll be using the same oil.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There is no way that a properly installed by-pass oil filter can have any effect on oil-pressure.

The fact that it is, in fact, a by-pass, keeps it from having any effect on pressure.

If you have installed a by-pass, and you are seeing different oil-pressure than without it, then you need to rethink your plumbing.

Exekiel69

Reaction score

There is no way that a properly installed by-pass oil filter can have any effect on oil-pressure.

The fact that it is, in fact, a by-pass, keeps it from having any effect on pressure.

If you have installed a by-pass, and you are seeing different oil-pressure than without it, then you need to rethink your plumbing.

Nope, it came with instructions. Every time the truck was facing up hill the oil pressure would take almost a minute to build up, not anymore. My blackstone report was good until I installed it and is improving (I hope) after I removed it. But better see what the next oil report brings to be sure.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score

I would believe it could change the pressure, there are a whole lot of springs and things inside the bypass filter head, apparently it's to let it regulate how much oil is getting to whichever filter. If you already have low oil pressure, or your oil pressure regulator in the oil cooler is messed up somehow i could see it making things funky.

There isn't much you can change with the amsoil filter, it's all basically preplumbed when you buy it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online