Would this be a fair value for a truck in CA

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet deal for such a clean truck, 4x4 5-speed supercab. A little disconcerting that there's no mention of miles on the truck. And that cheapo split bench seat, ugh.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal, miles would be something to check though. And a test drive wouldn't hurt but if it's in fair condition it's worth it

JEHall

Reaction score
I'd say its a fair deal. Definitely could use some new sneakers but overall looks clean and rust free. I would buy it for that if it where on the east coast. I'm always in need of a new project.

IDI87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like a bad deal. I gave 3500 for my 87 f350

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 3100 for my 87 and I thought I overpaid. But it was perfect in every way.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First its in oregun,rust issues, honesty of seller,mileage, all come into consideration.
The condition sounds suspect...
If it was a cal truck all its life ,,,yes.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look under it for rust issues. See how it looks.

Other than that, I'm of the opinion that if the motor runs reasonably well(cold start issues notwithstanding), mileage isn't too much of a concern.
I've been able to resurrect multiple 'worn out' 'ether addicted' motors with a little bit of timing and a set of glow plugs.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First its in oregun,rust issues, honesty of seller,mileage, all come into consideration.
The condition sounds suspect...
If it was a cal truck all its life ,,,yes.

We don't have rust issues in Oregon... And that is an average price for that truck in this area.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We don't have rust issues in Oregon... And that is an average price for that truck in this area.
Yes I don't see much rust at all around here unless is been a coast rig or someone's dune toy. Rust doesn't seem to be an issue until you start looking at 70's trucks and even then it seems to be minimal

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet deal for such a clean truck, 4x4 5-speed supercab. A little disconcerting that there's no mention of miles on the truck. And that cheapo split bench seat, ugh.

You'll never see such a deal on the east coast.Our stuff this age (if it's not yet gone to scrap lol) is half rusted out and the price for the truck half again as much if not twice.:D
There are so many idi owners who will never see their trucks in such condition ever again,that's for sure.Those super cab,split back bench seats are my overall favorite seats that came in the 9th gen trucks.They are the overall most comfortable seats! They will bolt right into a reg cab too.Something about how those particular bench seats were made,they have a super deep spring flex where you sink down into them and they ride super soft compared to any other seat option.Even compared to the normal full back bench's used in the reg and crew's.Many people like those bucket seats for looks but those ride the firmest of them all.

You can look for rust on a cali vehicle,but you'll probably need a magnifying glass to find it.:D

Last edited:

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a GREAT price...in SoCAL that truck would be priced nearly twice as much. People here are stupid with their pricing...wanna get rich quick asshats.