Working at SFO.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aww geez...almost sounds like a sacrifice needs to be made to appease the diesel gods...where'd Murphy go off to? :shoot: -Flame Thr :backoff

It'd be nice to see the truck, but it'd be nicer to see you...just get up here somehow ;) I just hope I'll be able to make it...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icanfixall, complete I think in case i do a shaft setup.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I'm officially off work all day tomorrow. So, barring a major emergency, I WILL be there. See you all tomorrow! ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok.
reservations are set. they will hold reservations from 7-715. Everybody needs to be there before they seat us.
Originally I wanted to do a reservation for 8(two wobblers in the group) but they didn't have a table for that many. So, I pared it down to six. No problems there. Anyhow, if you are a wobbler who shows up, you're still welcome, our table spaces will be a little cramped. But heck, we're all friends right?:D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give my thanks to everyone who worked to put this together. It was good to see Calvin, Brian, and Dave again, and it was great to meet Gary and Russ for the first time. Dinner was great, and it was a fun discussion...I must say, Gary is quite the storyteller :) Great evening...even though I'll be paying for it tomorrow (it's 0130 and I have to get up at 0800 for what's probably going to be a 17+ hour day at work tomorrow).

Here are some pictures from the evening. The first one is of Gary, Calvin, and Russ in the middle of talking (I snuck away and grabbed the camera and got the pic before anyone knew :angel: ) The second is of Russ looking through a box of springs and valves from one of Gary's junked heads (the contents of the box visible in the third pic). The fourth picture is of the plates that Gary put together to pressure-test the cooling system on his engine block...and the fifth picture is a close-up of the Schraeder valve he used (from a fuel filter head) to put air pressure in the system.

Thank you all again!! ;Sweet

Attachments

• OB Meet 007.jpg
    OB Meet 007.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 12
  • OB Meet 005.jpg
    OB Meet 005.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 8
  • OB Meet 006.jpg
    OB Meet 006.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 3
  • OB Meet 004.jpg
    OB Meet 004.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 6
  • OB Meet 008.jpg
    OB Meet 008.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 4

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who showed up this evening;Sweet I never imagined the place would be that busy on a Thurs nite, let alone the screaming rugratscookoo-cuss
nevertheless, everyone had a good time tonite. If there was any wonder why Gary and Russ are the guru's of the IDI's, there would have been little doubt after listening to them converse tonite. They really know the nitty-gritty detail of getting the most out of our motors.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet
Thanks for making it a memorable evening everybody:thumbsup:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Aw gees Calvin... Your making me blush.....:thanks: I really feel some of our members know much more about these motors than I do but thank you anyways.... I really did have fun at the dinner... Were there some loud kids near us??? I never heard them screaming at all.....:angel: ;Really Yes, parents should be able to keep the atmoshere nice for others but some don't have a clue. Just be thankfull they aren't your neighbors. My drive home the 400 miles was easy and I took a nap when I got home at 2 pm... The end of a fine day too...;Sweet

7.3shrk

Dang, I wish I could have made it, but we had a new guy at work, and I had to stay around. Are there any other plans of anything on the west coast?

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this event blew by me. Had the wife in the hospital about then, then me in the hospital, so I missed Calvin's phone message AND this thread until yesterday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7