Working at SFO.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the current available timeslots are Tues or Thurs.
Someone pick one:D
Thurs would be better for me tho:D:D:D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys pick a place and time and let icanfixall know. I will be no compy for awhile. So call me when set up I am flexible. Thursday is better for me also.
503-476-2197 cell,
looking forward to seeing you guys.

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gary&tim....need your .02. looks like by scheduling, thurs will be the most conveint for the long distance travelers.
As far as location goes, I'd like to put out Elephant Bar & Grill as the suggestion, the food is good and they aren't hurried in getting rid of people either. Last couple I-N-O GTG's, we managed to keep the parking lot jammed for a few hours and finished out around 1am. It's a little chilly this time of the year to hang outside at SFO. Therefore, a unhurried restaurant would be ideal.
thoughts anybody else?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty flexible about locations...just saw the Elephant's menu and looks good to me ;Sweet

As to date...are we talking about this Thursday (the 6th)? If so, I can try to ask for the evening off, but it's short enough notice that I may not get it. Does anyone have a time in mind? If I can't get the entire evening off, I can try and ask for a gap...but, if it's at all possible, I need to ask for it today... :(

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim-
Let's make it Thurs then. How about 7pm guys?
I'll submit a time-off request tonight. Calvin, if you could please do me a favor...if you could please call me sometime before 2300 or so tonight to confirm the time, I'd greatly appreciate it. If I'm with a passenger and can't answer, just leave a message. I'm about to leave for work, so I won't be able to check this thread again to see if 7pm's okay with everyone else. Once it's confirmed, I'll get my request to dispatch.

Thanks! ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Where was this thread moved to??? Ok.. I found it.... Dua... Elephant Bar Thursday nite is fine for me. I'll be leaving L.A. early thursday morning just to miss the traffic. My Cell number is 562-318-7718...... I will bring some toys I made....

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds good to me, I am off to the bay in the am, see you all there. Party time, well old guy party time. Gary do you have a really cracked head I can play with, I want to seriously work on some roller rockers.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok....
Just talked to Tim. He thinks he's set....

But here's the details.
We will be meeting at the
Elephant Bar and Grill this Thurs(3/6) evening at 7pm.
1600 Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, Ca 94010
650-259-9585

Time for a roll call so I can get reservations in.
thanks!:thumbsup:

Head count so far...
Typ4
towcat
BrianS
The Warden
Icanfixall
dave85

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the request submitted...I asked for the whole day off, and asked that, if they can't do that, they let me off after 6. We'll see what actually happens...my fingers are crossed :) unfortunately, I probably won't know until Wednesday...

If all else fails and they refuse to give me the time off, call my company and ask for a car and request me as the driver ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hi Russ, Yes I have a really cracked head. Try and tell me what you need about the valves and springs. I have enough for a complete head w/ crack. I do have a request. When your done with it please cut it in several areas. I really want to know if these aftermarket heads are thicker in certain areas and I'm interested in how much more material I could have taken out of some of the ports and precups. See you Thursday nite at the Elephant....:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hold the phone guys.....:***: :cry: I was out running the truck for some tire rotation and when I drove off it sounded like it was missing. Reved it up till it cleaned out but things are not right. Both tanks have fuel so that not it. Holley red is running. So I'm driving to fuel it up and it starts really running like its starving for fuel. I seem to run out of fuel in the left turn lane but cranked it till it started running. The tanks didn't take much fuel either and both front and back tanks acted the same. I need to see what pressures I have and how much volume the pupm is putting out. Then I'll know if its the pump or the injection pump which is what I feel it is. When I start it up in the mornings I idle for about 2 minutes then back out of the driveway and it acts like a gasser on full chock. Plenty of black smoke out the tail pipe when this is happening.... Why me all the time. Filters are new and clean so thats not a question. I did bump up the timing yesertday because the idiots that set it for me only set it to 6.5 telling me thats factory between 6.5 and 8.5 even though I told them I wanted 8.5.... I need a Snapon timing meter bad..... And maybe an injection pump from Mel sooner than I thought. But on the bright side its easier working on it here in the drive than on some highway going north.... With big semis wizzing past shaking my truck off the shoulder. I'm not done with this let... Just dissapointed some.....-cuss

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well crap.... I have plenty of pressure (about 7 lbs) and flow is 1 quart in about 25 seconds....... Mell, I need you.... So guys I'm having to change what I drive up there. It would almost be cheaper to fly up and back but I still need transportation once I'm there. Calvin, thanks for the thoughts about staying with you but thats asking way too much. I wouldn't be comfortable putting you out even if you had the room in town. I'm not to particular where I stay. Cheaper is always better for me and I know things are more costly near the airport so something about 2o or so miles from where we are meeting sounds good to me. I like Comfort Inns and the likes. I don't care to spend money on the Hilton family. Motel 6 is ok too but as a last resort please. I'll be doing some checking on my end too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7