wont start

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Open the fuel filter housing. Are you getting fuel. Is the tach moving while cranking? May be a bad CPS. Possibly a bad IDm

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Were getting fuel. I drained the bowl twice and still no go. The tach is not moving while cranking only the oil pressure gauge moves. Just replaced the cam postion sensor. I was thinking maybe a bad IDM. The problem didnt start til about two or three days after he installed the Gold Superchip.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Cant afford to take it to a shop. You know what the woulda charged us for swapping the flywheel and starter and new cam sensor??????? I do all my own work anyway. I ask for alil help when I get stuck but nobody else turns wrenches on my truck or my friends I do all the diagnostics and repairs.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Time to buy a scanner. You can trow parts at these trucks all day, but if you dont know what you are doing you are just wasting money and still not fixing the problem

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
I know, thats why were taking a break. He just keeps asking me whats wrong. I keep telling him there are so many elcetronic parts on these trucks you cant just guess.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Still no progress. The truck just cranks and cranks. No smoke No tach movement. Didnt find any blown fuses. Check engine light is on. WTS light stayes on for 10 seconds. New CPS new starter and fltwheel. Gunna try to do a scan on it in the morning. Can I scan this thing with it not running? Would the IDM do this? I dont think its the PCm as the fuse is not blown. I did find a loose wire in the fuel bowl hoked it back up and no difference. Gunna check all the fuses with a test light tomm.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Still nothing!!! Hooked up my buddies OBDII Book scanner and nothing!!!! It just kept saying communication error. Im lost man.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
YOU NEED A SCANNER. You could have no Fuel pressure. No Oil HPOP pressure. Injectors not firing. It could be a bunch of things. You need to see what the computer is seeing

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Bad IPR can cause this, just went thru it myself. Had a crank with no tach movement, we put in a new CPS. Still crank with no tach. Found the IPR in bad shape. Replaced it and it fired up and hasn't coughed since. Still, a scanner is a must unless throwing parts is something enjoyable

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
I thought the oBDII bok scanner would work????? It is a scanner that it suppose to have everything in it.My buddies who owns it works at a shop and uses it everyday. How much is the IPR???

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have a scanner. I'll pm my number and we can talk

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
So my buddie loaded the truck on a flat bed and took it to his new shop and did the same thing I did last week and took the Suprchip out and he says it fired right up. Then he sold it to his boss for $4000!!!!!!!!