Won’t shut off

Eric Ditwiler

Reaction score
This happened to me. I was working on the electrical system and was smart enough to unplug the glow plug relay but not the fuel shut off solenoid. It depends on flowing fuel to cool it and when it got too hot it got sticky. You can buy a new solenoid for $30 or so but be sure to get the proper little rubber sealing rings or you will be doing it again in a month or so.

cbmech

Reaction score
Fuel shutoff solenoid in the pump is dragging. If it was an alternate fuel source you'd never get it shut off.

Jl elevatorman

Reaction score
I just run diesel. No propane or anything like that. It doesn’t sound harsh or anything just continues to run. So if fuel is continuing to get in would it be the injectors or the pump?
pull the cover off of the injector pump and make sure the shutoff spring has tension and arm not binding. 12 volts energizes coil, lack of 12v and the mechanism should freely move the other way.

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet money the valve internally is sticking inside the pump take the top cover off where the fuel shutoff valve is and actuate the linkage internally i bet its sluggish to return to the shut off position the valve internal of the pump is likely gummy has this injection pump ran veggie oil by any chance I have 2 pumps in garage that had similar issue from used veggie oil a trick i can tell you is put seafoam in the fuel and also add sea foam to the injection pump under the cover after have ran it and motor is good and hot use a turkey baster to remove the fuel in the top part of injection pump and replace with pure seafoam let it set overnight and then keep sea foaming the fuel for 2-3 tanks of fuel likely the issue will go away.