wmo trips

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just East of Fort Collins on Farm Land. Thats about 5 hours from Grand Junction on the other side of the Divide. If you think you'll be this way and need oil let me know a little in advance. I could hook you up with 500-600 gallons easy. Sometimes they purge their tank (it's like a 1k gallon tank) if I don't use enough so let me know in advance via PM when you'll be this way and I'll call and make sure they don't purge their tank before you get here.

Thanks again for the offer, i just looked up Ft. Collins and I think I'll definitely be stopping through to take some oil off your hands. It should be coming through in early Feb but I'll let you know at least a week in advance. I should be able to take at least 250-300 gallons, that'll fill up one of my tanks (I have (2) 330 gal tanks) and oughta be enough to get me home.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im right smack dab in central fl when you leave tampa where are ya headin? and its no prob man always nice to help a fellow oil burner out one day i may need somethin hopefully the favor will be returned

When we leave Tampa, we're headed to the Panhandle, then N'Awlins, then TX, AZ, UT, NV, CO....pretty much all things west. BUT, it's no problem to delay the western part and swing by your place for some nmuch needed crude.

As for repaying the favor, I'm a gearhead and always ready to help out. Whether it's in Florida or if you decide to come to Buffalo (my next post) and see the Falls, you'll always have somebody to call on. I'm also a pretty good carpenter so if you have any house projects you're working on, I'm happy to lend a hand while waiting for the oil to settle

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now we're in Miami but we're heading out in a few hours for the FL west coast. We'll probably camp in the Everglades tonight, hopefully there's something fun for the kids there.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met a guy today in north phoenix that has settled WMO for sale, he has 180 gallons and wants 100 bucks for it. if your interested his name is tom 602-538-2568

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just shoot me a pm when your headin up this way heck if your travelin up 75 i might possibly meet ya at my exit its not far at all and gives me a reason to hit up the chrome shop the cb shop and this lil blonde that lives over that way lol

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Everglades were great, we saw a ton of gators and went on a 15 mile bike ride where they are laying beside and on the trail. Now we're in North Port, FL but on the way here, my low fuel pressure light came on. I stopped and changed the lift pump but the dang thing came right back on. I'm going to swap out the fuel filter tomorrow and if that doesn't cure it, I'll change another lift pump.

The warning light was rigged by Uhaul, I also plan to trace the sensor and see if it's coming off the fuel filter housing or if they have it located somewhere else that might indicate another problem. If it's on the housing my thought is that it has to either be the filter or the pump but at the same time, when I went through the initial filter plugs after switching to WMO, this light never came on?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
On a regular truck it located on the housing and reads if the line between the filter and injection pump pulls a vacuum indicating a bad filter, lift pump or some sort of restriction.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the case, how come the green light didn't come on when my first few filters failed after switching to WMO? Not saying you're wrong, just trying to figure out what's up.

I'm going to change the fuel filter later today and then road test it, that'll be great if it takes care of the green warning light.

Finally, has anyone ever replaced the line running from the lift pump to the frame? I'm wondering if mine is getting old and starting to collapse.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
It should have detected the bad fuel filter. I am not sure how a bigger truck is set up, I am assuming it is the same as an f series set up.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look at mine very closely but I'm not sure if I have that sensor. I do have one coming off the back of the filter though. Either way I'll take a look shortly to be sure. Thanks for that, I really appreciate it.

I also have a leak somewhere in my fuel system, it's drawing air in but fuel doesn't seem to be coming out. I have a feeling it's either the rubber hose that runs from the tank to the lift pump (although there's no drips) or the olives that were mentioned in the thread you linked me too. I also thought it might be the check valve, does that sit behind that schrader valve? Thanks again!

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met a guy today in north phoenix that has settled WMO for sale, he has 180 gallons and wants 100 bucks for it. if your interested his name is tom 602-538-2568

Thanks, once we know if we're passing through that way I'll reach out to him.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and replaced the rubber hose and it seemed like I could feel a difference at WOT on the highway. It didn't make the light go away but a new filter did. Thanks for the info on that sensor!

I finally ran out of oil and have been running D2 the last 500 miles. My hard starts have disappeared and it now fires up right away but with diesel at $3.85, I could live with the hard starts.

When I get to CO and pick up the oil from WMOGuy, I plan to run 20% RUG instead of 15% since it'll be a good bit colder. Depending on how it acts, I might mix my W80 mix with diesel too.

I haven't hit the scales yet (plan too soon) but with a 26ft truck that's in the 18K lbish range pulling a 4K lb car on a dolly, I'm getting right at 6.7 mpg on my wmo. The last 500 miles of diesel has me at 7 mpg so the diff isn't as big as I thought it'd be.