wmo trips

wmoguy

Reaction score
I put about 1800 miles on elk hunting this year. The vast majority was on a WMO cocktail

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had my first wmo/diesel start today....im wanting to say exhaust smelled different at idol, is it true. sure started easier. this is exciting

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WilltheThrill,
Congrats on the running wmo, keep us posted on how its going. It's a learning experience for everybody.;Sweet

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of a long trip right now, so far I have ran about 2500 miles on mostly w 85. I had a lift pump go out about 1500 miles into the trip but I think that was because it was old. the new 1 gave up also but that was because of an install error, I pinched the gasket. this is in a 26 foot former uhaul that I converted into a motorhome with a 7.3 idi. I weigh in the neighborhood of 16,000 pounds and get about 7 miles per gallon on the w 85 mix. considering the added r u g I am gettin about 45 miles per gallon. I have another 6000 miles to go, right now I am in florida and will be driving as far west as utah before returning to buffalo new york. I am hoping to find some more oil along the way, I am down to about 150 gallons left in,my twin 330 gallon tanks.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a long trip right now, so far I have ran about 2500 miles on mostly w 85. I had a lift pump go out about 1500 miles into the trip but I think that was because it was old. the new 1 gave up also but that was because of an install error, I pinched the gasket. this is in a 26 foot former uhaul that I converted into a motorhome with a 7.3 idi. I weigh in the neighborhood of 16,000 pounds and get about 7 miles per gallon on the w 85 mix. considering the added r u g I am gettin about 45 miles per gallon. I have another 6000 miles to go, right now I am in florida and will be driving as far west as utah before returning to buffalo new york. I am hoping to find some more oil along the way, I am down to about 150 gallons left in,my twin 330 gallon tanks.

If you find yourself coming thru Northern Colorado and in need of WMO let me know. I've got access to a residual 1000 gallons anytime I want it. I can't even begin to make a dent in it for my personal use.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find yourself coming thru Northern Colorado and in need of WMO let me know. I've got access to a residual 1000 gallons anytime I want it. I can't even begin to make a dent in it for my personal use.

Thanks, I might just take you up on that! How far are you from Grand Junction? I'm planning on Moab for hiking and then GJ for the hot soak.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where in fl are you i have an excess saved up and would be willing to part with a decent amount

Right now we're in West Palm but are basically driving the perimeter and will be in the Tampa area in a few more days. I'm willing to back track a bit if need be though. Thanks for the generous offer!

wmoguy

Reaction score
Thanks, I might just take you up on that! How far are you from Grand Junction? I'm planning on Moab for hiking and then GJ for the hot soak.

I'm just East of Fort Collins on Farm Land. Thats about 5 hours from Grand Junction on the other side of the Divide. If you think you'll be this way and need oil let me know a little in advance. I could hook you up with 500-600 gallons easy. Sometimes they purge their tank (it's like a 1k gallon tank) if I don't use enough so let me know in advance via PM when you'll be this way and I'll call and make sure they don't purge their tank before you get here.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im right smack dab in central fl when you leave tampa where are ya headin? and its no prob man always nice to help a fellow oil burner out one day i may need somethin hopefully the favor will be returned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online