WMO Registry

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm headed to Montana for a summer trip and looking at approximately 5500 miles of driving. At the moment, I have ~125 gallons of WMO but need about another 250 gallons to complete the trip. I plan on taking two tanks with me, one to hold the processed oil and the other one to centrifuge with. Just over a year ago I was on a similar trip and a couple guys chimed in to help me out, thankfully they were patient when I showed up and my SBC pump decided to fail miserably and I took up far too much of their time.

What do y'all think about a registry of sorts where if you have an abundance of oil or know where to get some, you can post up your location, how much you have, when it's available, and how much time you have to spare? That'll keep it general enough that we won't have to worry about shady folks trying to poach our sources but also specific enough that if you're planning a trip you'll know where you can stop and refill.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quantity: 20 gallons
When available: August 2013
How much time: I have a fast pump so 10 minutes

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What route do you plan on driving??
Because if you take I-90 through MN, the Case IH shop we get parts from is about 8-10 miles south of I-90, they had 3- 250 gallon totes full of wmo, setting outside.
Been planning to ask them about it, just haven't gotten around to it.
The town is Ellsworth MN, about 30 miles west of Worthington MN.
I'm sure the truck stops along most interstates would have a repair shop, which should have a regular supply of wmo.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on driving that route and that would be an INCREDIBLE pickup, I'd be set for the rest of the trip! As for the truck stops, I've asked a few of them on past travels and they either burn the oil over the winter months to keep the shop warm or I get a worker that doesn't know anything about it and doesn't feel like asking.....I haven't had good luck at all.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I ever manage to build up a surplus I would be happy to add myself to the registry. I am collecting WVO as well, but have no intentions to burn it as of yet, so will offer it up for trade against WMO once I get a full tote of it.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on driving that route and that would be an INCREDIBLE pickup, I'd be set for the rest of the trip! As for the truck stops, I've asked a few of them on past travels and they either burn the oil over the winter months to keep the shop warm or I get a worker that doesn't know anything about it and doesn't feel like asking.....I haven't had good luck at all.

I will check with them soon and let you know.
Unless they burn it for heat in the winter, hadn't thought of that, yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726