WMO observations on a 97 PSD...

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys,

id advise against using mwo on any thing cold.

I filter the heck out of mine with gulf coast filters setup its a one micron filter. that is really alot of that build up. its the gunk left over that wasnt burnt in the first place. So anyways i filter it hot so it flows through my filter and pump faster and then have a heated tank for it SEPERATLY!

Try filtering it and you wont be dissapointed. I have often wondered if it really offsets any real cost savings by using wmo though.
Even with me filtering the heck out of it it still can cause serious damage and pollutes your oil something terrible.

Waste cooking/ vegtable/ hydraulic oil is the way to go. Tranny fluid is great also. But again Filter it really well.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
This post parallels why WVO must be run hot as well. It's common knowledge in the WVO community that running cold vegoil causes coking of the injector tips. OK so you don't have a heated system like us WVOers do but you can definitely designate one tank for start-up with only #2 and the other with your WMO blend. Always start-up on #2 and only when at full operating temp should you switch to the blend. Remember to flip to the diesel tank a few miles prior to shutting down so your next start-up will be NOT on your WMO mix.

Last edited:

jski55

Reaction score
This post parallels why WVO must be run hot as well. It's common knowledge in the WVO community that running cold vegoil causes coking of the injector tips. OK so you don't have a heated system like us WVOers do but you can definitely designate one tank for start-up with only #2 and the other with your WMO blend. Always start-up on #2 and only when at full operating temp should you switch to the blend. Remember to flip to the diesel tank a few miles prior to shutting down so your next start-up will be NOT be on your WMO mix.
yes to that!!! Have been doing the same for quite a while.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly. never had problems doing it this way plus my filtering. I still us diesel power services additives to for safe measure.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so guys anyone know some good part numbers for some filter/ water separators that i could purchase at napa? i need to add a water seperator because the waste oil etc ive been getting lately has had some liquid in it.

I run a fill rite transfer pump such as this one http://transfer.tuthill.com/Products/FuelTransferPumps/DC/12voltdcrotary.asp
and run a 2 micron parker filter. i need to take that and add a water separator.

any suggestions?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
it seems the same can happen running WVO that is not up to temp.

Yup. I wait until my coolant is at 180* (aftermarket gauge) before I switch to WVO and flip back to bioD prior to shut off. I have never had my injectors out and I'm at 296K. My truck has great acceleration and power so I have no concern or reason to pull them at this point.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hheynow,

are you using your second factory tank as the holder for the wvo? Is the tank heated or are you just waiting till your engine is up to temp then switching over, then switching back before shutdown for the day?