wix fuel filter pin hole on the bottom of filter

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
my diesel was leaking so bad it was burning my eyes and i just re did the injector and return lines, i thought oh crap what now. turns out there was pin sized hole on the bottom of the filter, and the paint was wore off around it a bit. it was a wix filter, brought it back to where i bought it and the guy gave me a new one. he figures something rubbed it but there is nothing near it that can rub it, anyone else heard of such a thing? it was a newer filter too, only about 3k miles on it.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Had a couple of issues with WIX filters for heavy duty trucks but never and issue on mine. Had more issues with Baldwin across the board than anything else. So many issues in fact that Cummins West wouldn't warranty our engines unless we switched to Fleetguard. Oh....never ever ever ever buy fram. Ever. But yeah, you must've got a filter that slipped by WIX QC.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
QC is checked by whom in any industry. Sometimes our karma gets past every checkpoint. I have never seen this before but can understand how it happens. I know I would not like some counter"expert" telling me something must have rubbed this in my part... Its way too easy to see a rub in the paint..

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 had a filter leak at the bottom not long after my dad first got it. I think it was a WIX if memory serves. It looked older, but don't know for sure how old.
Travis..