Wiring dilemna

Brucekoukalaka

Reaction score
I've recently purchased a 1991 F350 with the 7.3 IDI and a ZF5 to swap into my 1953 International 1 ton and would like to eliminate most of the wiring that I no longer need. Is there a good wiring diagram just showing the circuits I will need under the hood? My intention is to clean up the rats nest of wires that were cobbled up by a previous owner when it was used as a service truck. It has been about 10 years since I worked around a 7.3 so my memory is a bit fuzzy on these old gems. I used to work on them for Uhaul but never got into changing the complete wiring harness just patching up what was needed.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you really need is a hot to the pump, a few sensors of you want to use the stock ones and wiring to the alternator.

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you really need is a hot to the pump, a few sensors of you want to use the stock ones and wiring to the alternator.

That's about the sum of it. I have 3 switched wires going to my engine: IP power, high idle, and timing advance. Other than that, glow plugs and whatever gauges you choose to run.

I think we all would like to see a build thread on this beast.

Brucekoukalaka

Reaction score
I'll post the pics of what I have gotten done so far. and yes I'll be doing a full build thread on my baby.

Brucekoukalaka

Reaction score
It's been a while since I was on this forum (mainly because I lost my hard drive) so here I have some updates on my '53/'91 'Binder...
This is what the F350 looked like when I bought it and drove it the 40 kilometers to home.
You must be registered for see images attach

here it is after a couple of hours after I got it home

and here I have the R130 cab "thrown onto its new frame

Cab set up where it belongs

and pretty much how it is sitting now

Brucekoukalaka

Reaction score
As soon as I get it through the out of province inspection it becomes my daily driver and I will get rid of the POS gmc 4X4 I have. BTW welcome to the Oilburners forum ArcticDingo I live north of you in Camrose.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have a full set of wiring schematics here. But Webshots deleted all my albums which contained hundreds of useful pics and diagrams. :(

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice the rust free bottom of that cab that was THROWN AWAY! You guys don't know what it's LIKE here! haha

Do you want Mitchell Diagrams? I can figure a way to post them if you want?

Brucekoukalaka

Reaction score
Actually the floors were in very rough shape on the passenger side as well as up near the kick panels on both sides. As for diagrams, Mitchell are very good ones. Thank you.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I am glad I live down south. I have only seen 1 cab in salvage yards here with more rust than that one he cut up, and I am pretty sure that truck had been under water for a while. Even one little pin hole around here means its a rust bucket.