Wiring a Manual High Idle Switch. How to do?

cody3700s

Reaction score
I've got an 85 250 6.9. Looking to wire in a dash switch to manually kick the high idle on whenever I desire. After running the truck and letting it sit for a few hours, the motor is still too warm for the fast idle to automatically engage. Truck starts better on the high idle until it's up to full operation temperature. These cold northern Michigan October's confuse the truck. IN colder months like December and January, I don't have these issues.

Thanks,
Cody

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Very timely for me, guys. Even though winter temps here never get below the twenties, and rarely into the thirties, it's time for me to look at this whole situation on my van.

Van's been sitting a lot lately, but high-idle plunger stopped working at some point, and the temp on my factory temp gauge has run lower (unchanged with a new Motorcraft thermostat, BTW)

Time to dig out my infrared temp gun, multimeter, ISSPRO temp gauge (even if not officially getting mounted yet)...... yeah, you can see what I get to do as fall creeps in..... good times.

Thanks, yet again, snicklas, for more great advice that touched my world!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online