WIPER MOD?????

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing? :dunno

The squirrel mobile wipers are very slow even on the high speed setting. Is there any options to mod the wiper motor to help this problem go away?

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search recently and there is actually a few things you can try. Depending on if you have intermittent wipers or not you can do a resolder of the inter. wiper box. Mine were also very slow and would sometimes stop for no apparent reason. In the spring I had the truck repainted and really didn't want to have to take the wiper motor out....everyone says you'll scratch the crap out of the cowl....anyway while I was under the hood the other day I wiggled and tugged on the two connectors going into the wiper motor and the dang things work great now....and this was with the truck off!! Which believe me is incredible. What really ticks me off is I've been dealing with these crappy wipers for 4 years....wiggled the wires and it fixed it right up! Oh well at least they work now. Anyway I would try the simple stuff first....you just never know!

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
You can try the resoldering of the control box, but apparently that is only applicable to the 84-91 trucks. I guess in 92 the control box was moved to the passenger side so the vibrations caused by the parking brake would not affect it. Another trick I have heard of is to remove the plastic cover on the wiper motor. You will find 3 metal strips on it, with nubs that wear down. Rebend them so they make better contant with the rings on the motor.