Winter Meet

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok reservations made, should be able to leave my place by 3:30 Friday, that will put us there between 6:30 and 7:00 depending on if we stop to eat.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Looks like working here too... Not gonna make it to the meet again.....
Hope it's a great time for all....

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I think I posted it, but here it is again...I have plates and such, plastic ware, etc. I have a large room reserved for Saturday from 4-8 at the college for dinner. I've got a couple pork *****, a couple beef roasts, some boneless skinless chicken ****** and some deer meat. We'll have protein! :) What else do we want to have?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Scott sounds like you have the meat end covered...

Since I'm so far away bringing something that needs to be cooked is sort of out of the question so I'll throw together a mac salad or tater salad before heading out and toss it in the cooler on ice and it should be good...

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds good Travis...I can put some more stuff together too. Baked beans maybe? I'll try to talk my mom into making a 7 layer salad. Was thinking I might do some scalloped potatoes and salad as well.

Sound good?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
sounds good to me... can't hardly wait...

my gps says I'm 4.5 hours away from the city center of nelsonville, oh... will be pulling out around 4:30pm on Friday from here at the house in Andrews.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
we will be there around 5-6 on sat evening, unless I can get out of work earlier.
we'll bring some desert food.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure you all knew where we were eating. The room is on the first floor of Daviddson Hall. To get there from the hotel, you would leave the parking lot, go to the first stop sign, turn right. Turn left at the next road (about 1/4 mile) which is Hocking Parkway. You'll go about 1/2 mile, there is brown fence, usually with horses on both sides of the road. You are going to want to turn left on the first road to the right, then turn into the first parking lot. That is the public safety and nursing parking lot. When you turn into the lot, the first building on the left is the public safety building, the one straight in front of you is Davidson Hall. Go to the front of the building, and we are first room on the right after you enter the building. I'll put up a couple signs, but it is a college campus...darn college kids are ornery!

I'm not sure how you'll be coming Nick. If you come from the Columbus end (Northwest) down 33, go completely through Nelsonville, you'll pass Burger King, Dairy Queen, etc. on your right. At the next light (about 1/4 miles past Dairy Queen) turn right, cross the river and take the next right...that's Hocking Parkway. Since your coming in Saturday evening, you may just want to come and eat! I have a few connections at the hotel, I'll make sure they hold your room! (my mom works there some).

If you are coming from Athens (Southeast). You'll come up 33. It will turn into a 2 lane road at a radio station. Once you are on the two lane, you will take a left at the first traffic light, cross the river, turn right...Hocking Parkway that's Hocking Parkway. It's the only light and if you get to Nelsonville (Dairy Queen, Burger King, etc.) you've passed it!

Nelsonville has some cool stuff, Hocking Valley Railroad, some cool art exhibits in downtown (small town, public square) and is only a mile or so from the Inn. Athens is about 15 miles southeast of the Inn and has most common resteraunts, etc. I can give you directions to anywhere down there, grew up in the area.

So, is there anything you guys want information about? I wasn't making big plans for anything, just a relaxing weekend, but if you want information about anything, feel free to ask.

My cell is 740-590-0935 feel free to call or text, I have it with me at most times except during the days as I can't have it in the prison with me.

I picked up the protein tonight, talked mom into the 7 layer salad, picked up some lettuce and such for a garden salad, chips, etc. I'll bring a big cooler and some pop/juice type stuff as well and will have room for you to ice down pop and such if you need to. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Even though I live 20 miles from there, I booked a room for Friday and Saturday as well. There is a restaraunt/lounge in the hotel that we can push some tables together and get together as well, whatever works for the group.

See you all soon!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just rolled in a little bit ago - had a GREAT TIME!!!!

Weather going down Friday night was less than enjoyable. I was under the impression that it was going to be easier as I headed east... don't know where I got that idea from but I had that in my head - could have just been wishful thinking but we were in some really nasty stuff - could not see the white lines a lot of the time we were just happy they put the rumble strips on the highway :eek: more than once....

came rolling into the hotel around 4ish in the morning... and we left at 9pm trip should have taken 4.5 hours but was a bit more as you can see.

But it was worth it - had a great time sitting around and chatting with the guys. The weather just put a damper on the attendance and it's understandable... I'm just a little crazy so....

Snapped some pics and will post them up here in a little bit - I got a new camera for the event and DIDN'T LOOSE IT THIS TIME ;Sweet

Scott had a great spread for us to eat and was a great host.

Let's keep him in our prayers as of Friday night he did not have electricity and his heat is fully electric. So he has is hands full at the moment.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
sorry we had to bail at last minute.
between the snow and the lack of power here it wasnt worth the risk.
we got home this afternoon just in time to keep the water from freezing.
then got the generator all set as they said the 12th for power.
just come in the door at 7 and all was back on

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Glad you guys had a good time, I did as well! Nasty weather, power outages, etc. and I still call it a success! Power came back on a little while ago. Of course just a few hours after getting the generator out and running, kerosene heater going, etc! LOL

Anyway, company was great, weekend was relaxing and nobody should have been hungry Saturday night! :)

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you guys had a good time, I did as well! Nasty weather, power outages, etc. and I still call it a success! Power came back on a little while ago. Of course just a few hours after getting the generator out and running, kerosene heater going, etc! LOL

Anyway, company was great, weekend was relaxing and nobody should have been hungry Saturday night! :)

I noticed this meet was in Hocking, so I figure it must be close to the Hocking Valley coal seam.

How far are you from Gallipolis ??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7