Windshield Wiper Switch

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Mine no longer works, it was dying and the vice grips probably helped it along on its death. But How do I remove this? I have an 89 F350 CC and I cant seem to get the knob off the headlight switch. Also, is there a place, or a sponsor I can get this part from? Its freakin expensive!

Also my Rear Anti lock brakes light is on, would that make cruise control not function?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Both the headlite and the windshield wiper noob has a small clip internally to it. Its located up near the dash. It slips into a place on the switch shaft. To remove this *** you need to find the small notch in the back of the ***. Then push that small piece of metal towards the front seat and pull the *** off the shaft. Putting it back on is just push it till it grabs the shaft.

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. This truck is a learning experience for sure. I am use to working on turbocharged imports. Your post about water pumps helped me out during my install. I just changed it the other day. The size of a WP in a honda civic is the size of a fist for comparison. Hah.

I was looking for a set screw on that knob.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to OB

Take some time look around and check out the three key sections, FAQ, TECH articles and HALL of SHAME.

If you can work on imports these are a breeze....but just check first till you get hang of some of the idiosyncrasies of these rigs. We will provide a quick response normally LOL

Please fill in you signature with your trucks info...year model, cab, trans 2 or 4 x etc so we can have some idea on what you have and not have to continually ask.

Hope you enjoy the site....

Again welcome to OB

Al

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Yeah I am used to complicated turbo imports. and some old turbo Chrysler stuff from the 80's. These engine are awesome, I love the simplicity of them. So far seems pretty easy to wrench on too. But then again I can also drop the engine out of a 92-95 civic in an hour in a half with a picker.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yeah I am used to complicated turbo imports. and some old turbo Chrysler stuff from the 80's. These engine are awesome, I love the simplicity of them. So far seems pretty easy to wrench on too. But then again I can also drop the engine out of a 92-95 civic in an hour in a half with a picker.

Showoff.. I can do it in 40 minutes....:eek::sly See..... The first liar doesn't stand a chance... Just teaseing you some. That is fast. I did my 98 accord and it way much longer. Being the first time I found reasons for how things come apart the hard way. I hate working in close quarters and all bent over. Our engines are very simple and easy to get to most anything we need to touch. The top bolt on the starter is tuff to even know its there. But doing it once its easy the next time. That bolt can't be seen and just barely can you feel it.

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Accords a a bit harder to work on than a Civic, but not much harder. But the engine bays are not big enough to sit on the engine while you work. Advantage truck. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gavinc