Dead horse subject RABS // Parts availability?

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. My turn.
And I apologize in advance.
Back when I first got this '94 CC Dually, 7.3 idiT, The brakes worked. Not the best, but the truck did stop effectively enough. Lock up? No way. You are going to hit whatever your aimed at. Add a camper, etc and you better plan ahead.
The PO (Previous owner) bypassed the RABS valve. Did it die? It shore is ugly down there.
Along with everything else I have done to this truck in the past roughly 19 months that it has been parked, is to add hydo~boost brakes to it. I am hoping that will make that sob stop better. The Allison upgrade is also suppose to help it stop better.
If all these 'upgrades' are working as designed, my rear brakes might be is dire need of that RABS valve.
So? Where do I get a decent one from?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you disassembled and cleaned/lubed the rears?
Are the pads/shoes DRY AND CLEAN?
Have a cleanup cut done on the drums also....
Good luck

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Hydroboost (f-superduty type) was a huge improvement on my 95 crew.... That's with no other brake mods.

I'm not too familiar with the ford proportioning valve, but i have had a dodge one jam up with rust and stick. Almost no pressure to the rear brakes.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured running the Allison with Hydo *might* make the rears want to lock up prematurely. My attempt was to source and possibly procure a RABS valve prior to an absolute need for it. Temperature is starting to drop out there and a few more degrees will keep me inside for the next 3 or 4 days. Maybe a dusting of snow tonight and freezing temps for 3 days might help to kill off a few bugs for next summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin