cruise control issue

Harvey L Jordan

Reaction score
have a 1993 F350 diesel with the zf5 speed manual transmission with digital style cruise control <no vaccum> The reason for this question my cruise will work sometimes and not other times. I have the accelerator pedal that is drive by cable only with no electrical connections and no computer is this my issue? I have ohmed all wiring connections from steering colum to cruise control servo including all related switches. I have also replaced clutch interlock switch ws-5993,stop light switch sls 97, master cyclinder switch sw-6350, parking brake switch ds-339, abs wheel speed sensor 970-012 anti lock brake hydrolic unit 12-2024 and abs control module and cruise control actuator servo checked steering colum connections including wiring,contact ring and cruise switches.
Thanks for any infomation
Harvey

Rondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the cruise light on the display come on even if the cruise doesn’t work?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess that would probably depend on why it doesn't work. I would it most likely wouldn't. The only way I could see it possible would be if the cable was broken and it though it was controlling it. I do believe that if speed keeps dropping and it cannot compensate that it turns itself off though.

James

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a 1993 F350 diesel with the zf5 speed manual transmission with digital style cruise control <no vaccum> The reason for this question my cruise will work sometimes and not other times. I have the accelerator pedal that is drive by cable only with no electrical connections and no computer is this my issue? I have ohmed all wiring connections from steering colum to cruise control servo including all related switches. I have also replaced clutch interlock switch ws-5993,stop light switch sls 97, master cyclinder switch sw-6350, parking brake switch ds-339, abs wheel speed sensor 970-012 anti lock brake hydrolic unit 12-2024 and abs control module and cruise control actuator servo checked steering colum connections including wiring,contact ring and cruise switches.
Thanks for any infomation
Harvey
Sorry my first comment really didn't have anything to do with your problem. For some reason it opened the second comment and I didn't see the original post until after.

I would guess probably a loose connection on something somewhere. If it loses input from the vss for even a split second it will shut off. The connector on the vss is prone to corrosion and can cause intermittent issues, especially on a rough road.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online