WINDOW WEATHERSTRIP ??

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just put the order in for a window-channel kit and belt-weatherstrips (kind of a weird name for what they are cookoo) .

It seems like the installation of these parts was recently discussed; but, I can't find it.:confused:

How do I go about getting out, and putting in, the belt-weatherstrips (the inner, and outer, rubber-looking strips that are at the immediate bottom of the window openings)??

It appears that it would be easy to screw-up the paint on the door, when doing the one on the outside.

The channels look kinda self-explanatory; are there any snags that I am likely to run into, replacing the channels??

Thanks.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones on the bottoms of the windows are installed with the door panels removed. The interior strip actually attaches to the door panel, while the exterior strip "snaps" into place with the window all the way down and pulled towards the inside of the door with the panel removed.

The channel kit should be installed with the windows removed, but you might get lucky and be able to slide them down into place with some silicone spray lube... I installed the belt strips, channel strips, AND new glass all at the same time, so I don't know if you can do the channel strips with the glass in place. My belt strips were so badly damaged that they scratched the glass to the point that I had to replace it to see through it...

Ryan

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the belts/anti rattle stips from lmc and I am not impressed. They just clip on like the originals but the fit isn't that great. To take them off I just used a flat screwdriver to get them started and they came right out took about 10 min.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just got my new window weatherstrips installed.

:D I got mine from JC Whitney, as I saved several dollars from what prices I was quoted from other sources.:D

Everything fit like a glove, with the exception that on the driver-side outer belt-weatherstrip the little clips did not line up with the little slots, so I trimmed about a 1/16 off one end and it lined right up.

:thumbsup: This made a vast improvement in cab noise.:thumbsup:

Also, my belt weatherstrips were badly deteriorated and were just beginning to scratch my windows, just minor now, but much longer and they would be in bad shape.

;Sweet I should have done this years ago. ;Sweet

It is too costly for what you get; but, they don't sell this stuff at Walmart.

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the channel weather strips on my truck with the windows installed. I had the door panels off and windows down, removed the old ones and just worked the new ones down into the channel. WD 40 or silicone spray would probably help.
Todd